Joc Pederson thoughts

elrockinMT

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The Dodgers think so highly of pederson that they acquired a 25 year old prospect to replace him? 

Sorry,  a cheap shot but I couldn't resist.

No, but he may be a viable fourth outfielder or more that could replace Joc and his $7.75 million dollars.  The Dodgers still have Betts, Bellinger, Pollock, and Taylor all capable of playing the outfield outside of Joc.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Actually, he and his 3 fWAR would fit great in RF. 

Not really.  Unless you move Mazara in a trade.  Time for some of you guys to accept Mazara is going to be the strong side of the platoon in RF in 2020.  Someone else will get the LHP at bats - likely Leury.  Though I want the Sox to take a look a Kyle Garlick who is currently available and has 2 options remaining.

If Mazara is the same guy he's always been in 2020 - I think the Sox will bring Joc in next offseason.  A Joc / Adolfo platoon makes a lot of sense in 2021.  

Edited by ChiSox59

52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  Unless you move Mazara in a trade.  Time for some of you guys to accept Mazara is going to be the strong side of the platoon in RF in 2020.  Someone else will get the LHP at bats - likely Leury.  Though I want the Sox to take a look a Kyle Garlick who is currently available and has 2 options remaining.

If Mazara is the same guy he's always been in 2020 - I think the Sox will bring Joc in next offseason.  A Joc / Adolfo platoon makes a lot of sense in 2021.  

I believe Rick or Ricky mentioned previously that it won't be a straight platoon in RF, at least not to start with.

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I believe Rick or Ricky mentioned previously that it won't be a straight platoon in RF, at least not to start with.

Renteria did say that.  And I get it.  They shouldn't tell the media, and thereby the player, that the guy they just acquired is going to be a straight platoon player.  Mazara has proven he is wretched against LHP - I suspect he'll be on the bench most of the times with lefty starters on the mound.

That being said, its Ricky, so nothing will surprise me.  

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't care if we sign him or not. But to say he wouldn't be a fit for us when he would be one of our best FWAR guys is odd. Mazara can be traded or give Joc and Eloy breaks as needed. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

42 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't care if we sign him or not. But to say he wouldn't be a fit for us when he would be one of our best FWAR guys is odd. Mazara can be traded or give Joc and Eloy breaks as needed. 

Mazara is a below average defensive OF.  He makes no sense as a 4th OF.  He also makes no sense "giving Joc breaks" because neither can hit LHP for shit.  A good fielding RH hitting corner OF makes wayyyyyyyy more sense than Joc with how this roster is constructed.   

Joc and Mazara would make sense on this roster if you could carry 30 players.  But you can't, so he doesn't.