Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
elrockinMT

Joc Pederson thoughts

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Dodgers reacquired 25 year old OF prospect Luke Raley from the Twins as a part of the Maeda for Graterol swap.

Raley was a former Dodgers prospect who was traded to the Twins in the Brian Dozier trade at the deadline in 2018.  Raley is a lefty bat that plays the entire outfield and a little 1B.

It’s pretty obvious that Joc is on his way out.

The Dodgers think so highly of pederson that they acquired a 25 year old prospect to replace him? 

Sorry,  a cheap shot but I couldn't resist.

Edited by ptatc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The Dodgers think so highly of pederson that they acquired a 25 year old prospect to replace him? 

Sorry,  a cheap shot but I couldn't resist.

No, but he may be a viable fourth outfielder or more that could replace Joc and his $7.75 million dollars.  The Dodgers still have Betts, Bellinger, Pollock, and Taylor all capable of playing the outfield outside of Joc.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joc Pederson could still end up with the Sox. We were after Joc before we heard  about Mazara. Now he is still available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Joc Pederson could still end up with the Sox. We were after Joc before we heard  about Mazara. Now he is still available 

Maybe, but most people think that since Mazara was acquired, that has effectively ended the Joc pursuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Maybe, but most people think that since Mazara was acquired, that has effectively ended the Joc pursuit.

I think the Sox have done the Mazara hype more than the fans.   Which convinces me he is their guy.   I'm fine with this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Maybe, but most people think that since Mazara was acquired, that has effectively ended the Joc pursuit.

Well, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think the Sox have done the Mazara hype more than the fans.   Which convinces me he is their guy.   I'm fine with this. 

This.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Pederson is on the Sox radar any longer.  Another LH OF bat does not fit in this line up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sox71 said:

No way Pederson is on the Sox radar any longer.  Another LH OF bat does not fit in this line up.  

Actually, he and his 3 fWAR would fit great in RF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Actually, he and his 3 fWAR would fit great in RF. 

Not really.  Unless you move Mazara in a trade.  Time for some of you guys to accept Mazara is going to be the strong side of the platoon in RF in 2020.  Someone else will get the LHP at bats - likely Leury.  Though I want the Sox to take a look a Kyle Garlick who is currently available and has 2 options remaining.

If Mazara is the same guy he's always been in 2020 - I think the Sox will bring Joc in next offseason.  A Joc / Adolfo platoon makes a lot of sense in 2021.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  Unless you move Mazara in a trade.  Time for some of you guys to accept Mazara is going to be the strong side of the platoon in RF in 2020.  Someone else will get the LHP at bats - likely Leury.  Though I want the Sox to take a look a Kyle Garlick who is currently available and has 2 options remaining.

If Mazara is the same guy he's always been in 2020 - I think the Sox will bring Joc in next offseason.  A Joc / Adolfo platoon makes a lot of sense in 2021.  

I believe Rick or Ricky mentioned previously that it won't be a straight platoon in RF, at least not to start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I believe Rick or Ricky mentioned previously that it won't be a straight platoon in RF, at least not to start with.

Renteria did say that.  And I get it.  They shouldn't tell the media, and thereby the player, that the guy they just acquired is going to be a straight platoon player.  Mazara has proven he is wretched against LHP - I suspect he'll be on the bench most of the times with lefty starters on the mound.

That being said, its Ricky, so nothing will surprise me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  Unless you move Mazara in a trade.  Time for some of you guys to accept Mazara is going to be the strong side of the platoon in RF in 2020.  Someone else will get the LHP at bats - likely Leury.  Though I want the Sox to take a look a Kyle Garlick who is currently available and has 2 options remaining.

If Mazara is the same guy he's always been in 2020 - I think the Sox will bring Joc in next offseason.  A Joc / Adolfo platoon makes a lot of sense in 2021.  

I don't care if we sign him or not. But to say he wouldn't be a fit for us when he would be one of our best FWAR guys is odd. Mazara can be traded or give Joc and Eloy breaks as needed. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't care if we sign him or not. But to say he wouldn't be a fit for us when he would be one of our best FWAR guys is odd. Mazara can be traded or give Joc and Eloy breaks as needed. 

Mazara is a below average defensive OF.  He makes no sense as a 4th OF.  He also makes no sense "giving Joc breaks" because neither can hit LHP for shit.  A good fielding RH hitting corner OF makes wayyyyyyyy more sense than Joc with how this roster is constructed.   

Joc and Mazara would make sense on this roster if you could carry 30 players.  But you can't, so he doesn't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×