Sox Have Deal for Norge Vera - 2020 Class

DirtySox

I’m feeling very positive toward a lot of our operations in this last month.

Between the coaching assignments, hearing Shirley talk, the @Y2Jimmy0 article with the new biometrics guy, and now staring at a possibly very productive J2, all of the things that worried me most at least seem different and maybe proof that last years class just got away from them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I’m feeling very positive toward a lot of our operations in this last month.

Between the coaching assignments, hearing Shirley talk, the @Y2Jimmy0 article with the new biometrics guy, and now staring at a possibly very productive J2, all of the things that worried me most at least seem different and maybe proof that last years class just got away from them.

I wonder if they were targeting these Cubans and got thwarted when Trump nixed that plan? It seems crazy but what they did this year just doesn’t seem like Paddy. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I wonder if they were targeting these Cubans and got thwarted when Trump nixed that plan? It seems crazy but what they did this year just doesn’t seem like Paddy. 

Ever since you proposed that theory it just seemed too plausible. Last year was an outlier even for our track record, it just had to have been blown up.

10 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think this theory made a ton of sense when you proposed it a month or so ago.  The Sox have always spent their full allotment (penalty years not withstanding) and it really seems like something wrong last year.  I don’t buy for a second that there weren’t enough guys they liked, that seemed like a blatant cover-up for something else.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

@Y2Jimmy0

What do you think the likelihood of the Sox landing Colas is, if you had to put a percentage on it? 

I've spoken to Y2Jimmy0 about this before.  He said that the Sox being the first team named is a good sign.  Obviously nothing guaranteed right now, but it's nothing but good news that the Sox were mentioned

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

@Y2Jimmy0

What do you think the likelihood of the Sox landing Colas is, if you had to put a percentage on it? 

I like that the Kiley McDaniel thought there was a clear frontrunner last week and then mentioned the Sox interest yesterday. It's tough to put a percentage on it though because they may have to acquire more space to land him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I like that the Kiley McDaniel thought there was a clear frontrunner last week and then mentioned the Sox interest yesterday. It's tough to put a percentage on it though because they may have to acquire more space to land him. 

Just gonna tag @bmags now

34 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Who do you think would be targets for other teams in a trade for international pool money? 

Would it be someone as highly thought of by fans like Hamilton or Burdi? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

45 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

This is huge. The farm is barren (I don’t count Robert, Kopech and Collins as prospects). The Sox really need to add an influx of young talent into the system. This a good start to the draft and J2. 

Major league baseball counts them as prospects

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Vera likely falls in the same range as Thompson/Dalquist 

Definitely top 10 territory then, at least in my opinion (I consider both Dalquist/Thompson in that range). Sox farm system may not be all that bad come the end of the year after top top graduates with additions of Vera and whomever they get in the draft.

7 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Definitely top 10 territory then, at least in my opinion (I consider both Dalquist/Thompson in that range). Sox farm system may not be all that bad come the end of the year after top top graduates with additions of Vera and whomever they get in the draft.

Just remember, most other teams will add similar amounts of talent via Latin America and the draft though.  It’s not like we have bigger bonus pools and additional picks to quickly narrow the gap.  It’s going to take hitting big on a couple of classes before we are back to being middle of the pack IMO.  Hopefully the 2019 draft is the start of that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

How can a deal be in place if we can't draft him until July 2?  Why can't another team draft him ahead of Sox?

He's not draftable, he's an international signee.

Most of the time, teams agree to deals with players before the signing period officially begins.