KW says "no Puig"

Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, tray said:

The Sox are going to give Mazara an opportunity to be a full time RFer for at least two months, and maybe longer.

Having Puig chomping on the bit for playing time on the bench is probably going to be counterproductive...kind of like having a tiger as a pet cat and hoping he doesn't knock over the furniture. .

Fvk Puig.  My problem is with Kyyle speeding in Indiana at 120 mph or something like that.

It was like 2 am and there was a lot of construction around Indianapolis so I couldn't totally lead foot it

4 minutes ago, tray said:

The Sox are going to give Mazara an opportunity to be a full time RFer for at least two months, and maybe longer.

Having Puig chomping on the bit for playing time on the bench is probably going to be counterproductive...kind of like having a tiger as a pet cat and hoping he doesn't knock over the furniture. .

Fvk Puig.  My problem is with Kyyle speeding in Indiana at 120 mph or something like that.

Champing. 😁 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

I hope the mods look into this further

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I think this is part of the point. Is a guy who is difficult person in and out of the clubhouse going to sit on the bench and not cause issues? Is he going to be happy that he doesn't get to play and won't be able to get another large contract while sitting on the bench? Is it worth having a guy like that on the bench? 

He doesn't really seem to have many starting options, so it would probably be in his best interests to come and play when he is told, no?  And if not, he can go play in Japan or Korea.   Under no circumstances should he ever come in to the clubhouse thinking any job is his

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Goalposts weren't moved ffs, someone changed the speed from 110 to 100 mph.   

and clearly the guy bothers you, your first post on the matter is calling everyone nuts for even suggesting it

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/108971-puig-still-a-possibility-for-sox/&do=findComment&comment=3902198

I called them nuts for thinking he was an entertainment to be enjoyed. Notice I never once argued against his abilities a baseball player.

FFS sake try telling the truth. Speed was 110 with occupants including his mother. It was reduced to 100 with no mention of occupants and saying we all drive that fast and you made light of it by comparing it to you driving 85-90 with wife and kids so if that's not the definition of moving the goal posts then I don't know what is.

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

He doesn't really seem to have many starting options, so it would probably be in his best interests to come and play when he is told, no?  And if not, he can go play in Japan or Korea.   Under no circumstances should he ever come in to the clubhouse thinking any job is his

This is true. Doesn't mean he will be happy about it and it won't improve his disposition. The first time Mazara has an O'fer he may start chirping in the dugout. Might be more headaches than the team needs

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I called them nuts for thinking he was an entertainment to be enjoyed. Notice I never once argued against his abilities a baseball player.

FFS sake try telling the truth. Speed was 110 with occupants including his mother. It was reduced to 100 with no mention of occupants and saying we all drive that fast and you made light of it by comparing it to you driving 85-90 with wife and kids so if that's not the definition of moving the goal posts then I don't know what is.

What if I said I have driven (gasp) over 110 mph with my wife I the car. What now, goalposts back where they belong?  Or only if it's my mother with me.

your opening statement against the addition of Puig has been heard loud and clear!    And I still wouldn't mind him as an extra outfielder, and I'm not nuts

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

There is a ton of conjecture And projection in this thread based on very little.   His clubhouse cancer stories are pretty interesting given that they went to the playoffs and World Series every season he played with the Dodgers as well as finishing in first place.   So if he was a disruptor he certainly didn't disrupt as many teams as I'm told he did.

he is a replacement level player.  The Sox aren't looking to Make him the starter and the face of the organization if he signs, he plays when Mazara doesn't or if another OF needs a day off.  I don't think it would be much more than a prove it deal, which should easily be dumped if the guy actually causes all these problems.

and no, I don't care that his agent fired him or that he publicly feuded with Mattingly.

This. And I'd add - I don't think Mazara should be automatically given the AB's. I'd go with the hot hand 4-5 days a week, the other at 2 days a week + filling in for Eloy or DH possibly. So one guy is getting 4 starts, the other 2-3. 

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I went to grab lunch and came back to this ..? yikes.  I really dont even care about Puig much. Like 50/50. I'd give Scooter Gennett $5mm, then I'd give Puig $5mm and after that I'd just keep the team the same ... that's the order I'd do. He's not even my first choice of who I want left in FA. However outcries like yours don't make any sense to me. 22 years old.. 110mph. Not crazy to me.

Second -- where do the goalposts move? Because you keep talking like i changed the speed limit to 100mph and got all bent out of shape about it. It's just another bizarre argument in an already bizarre argument.  Dude -- you need to reread stuff.. You went off on a strange tangent about 100mph and how people are changing the argument and then adding in the mom part... just a very strange exchange in this thread that has nothing to do with baseball. Below is what i said .....

"Also not sure why 110mph in a 70mph zone is mind blowing to you. He was a 22 year old kid. I'm sure you've only gone the speed limit in your life. Hell i'll accidentally hit 90mph not paying attention on 55 when there's no traffic -- and that's in a shitty V6."

This board sometimes .... it's more maddening than fun. My stance is Puig = better then pedestrian Leury or Engel. Worth upwards of $5mm for a season. Would rather have Scooter Gennett at same price. Also am okay going into the season as is, just think it's worth to add on. 

Now I'm going to go drive 111mph to my moms house to prove a point to myself that anyhting i do for the rest of my life is not worthy of anybodys praises and that i can not morally come back from it. I might as well drive right to prison and think of my transgressions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

We're really discussing speeding with his mom in the car? Lol I'm an asshole for flying going over 100 on an empty highway with both my parents in the car coming home from Tennessee?

If you also start brawls in your workplace, ignore your boss and tell everyone a at your workplace that you're lazy and aren't going to work very hard then, yes.

That's his point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What if I said I have driven (gasp) over 110 mph with my wife I the car. What now, goalposts back where they belong?  Or only if it's my mother with me.

your opening statement against the addition of Puig has been heard loud and clear!    And I still wouldn't mind him as an extra outfielder, and I'm not nuts

I never said you were nuts . I quoted 2 posters and you said I called everyone nuts. Once again you misrepresent the facts but at this point I'll just call it lying your ass off and playing it for laughs. If you drove 110 with your mom in the car and got arrested like Puig jeopardizing not only you life but others in the car and other drivers along with boorish,obnoxious, lazy ,combative behavior on and off the field and while jeopardizing your chances to continue to make vast amounts of money I'd be against hiring you too.

Moving the goalposts :To alter the rules or parameters of a situation in such a way as to suit one's needs or objectives.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I never said you were nuts . I quoted 2 posters and you said I called everyone nuts. Once again you misrepresent the facts but at this point I'll just call it lying your ass off and playing it for laughs. If you drove 110 with your mom in the car and got arrested like Puig jeopardizing not only you life but others in the car and other drivers along with boorish,obnoxious, lazy ,combative behavior on and off the field and while jeopardizing your chances to continue to make vast amounts of money I'd be against hiring you too.

Moving the goalposts :To alter the rules or parameters of a situation in such a way as to suit one's needs or objectives.

giphy.gif

The Dennis Rodman era during the Bulls championship run must have been a real tough time. 

Give me a thousand Puigs over any scam artist like Jerry Reinsdorf or Ricketts. Those guys are 100 times worse than anything Puig has done in his life. I don't get why the moral police has come out on Puig. 

24 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If you also start brawls in your workplace, ignore your boss and tell everyone a at your workplace that you're lazy and aren't going to work very hard then, yes.

That's his point.

Thank you . That has only been focused on because that is about what I keep getting challenged by others who lie and twist the facts and compare it to other situations  including driving less MPH without occupants. It just one incident among many and I won't back down no matter how many lies are told.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thank you . That has only been focused on because that is about what I keep getting challenged by others who lie and twist the facts and compare it to other situations  including driving less MPH without occupants. It just one incident among many and I won't back down no matter how many lies are told.

Omg I'm lying and twisting now?  Lmao dude you need to have a snickers 

I absolutely have driven over 110 mph with my wife in the car, I lived In carbondale and drove to my parents house in Batavia and then Johnsburg from 2000-2004 with my wife and you can bet your ass I drove those speeds on I 57.   You have made your point that you value morals above anything, stop martyring yourself in this thread 

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to KW says "no Puig"