KW says "no Puig"

Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Ok guys before he signs, place your bets. Where does Puig end up? I’m going to reluctantly say Padres.

Franchy Cordero
Wil Myers
Josh Naylor
Tommy Pham

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mariners

Mitch Haniger (hernia and microdiscectomy surgeries)
Kyle Lewis
Mallex Smith

The Padres outfield is pretty full but fathom probably nailed it with the Mariners.  Haniger has had two surgeries this offseason and is expected to miss all of Spring Training and the beginning of the season.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Puig Might Be Headed to Sox? Maybe?
8 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I can’t see puig accepting/thriving with a part-time/platoon role, and I can’t see the White Sox going out of their way to get mazara just to block him with a so-so veteran with questionable clubhouse effects. 

Why are people acting like Mazara was some big long-term acquisition?  He’s a mediocre RF that cost a mediocre OF prospect.  He’s potentially here for 2 years, but perhaps only 1.  Puig could only be looking at a 1 year contract as well, would only cost money, and could outperform Mazara both offensively and defensively.  Mazara isn’t really the type of player that should stop a front office from trying to improve.  The Rangers dumped him to go with Willie Calhoun.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Franchy Cordero
Wil Myers
Josh Naylor
Tommy Pham

Mitch Haniger (hernia and microdiscectomy surgeries)
Kyle Lewis
Mallex Smith

The Padres outfield is pretty full but fathom probably nailed it with the Mariners.  Haniger has had two surgeries this offseason and is expected to miss all of Spring Training and the beginning of the season.

You’re leaving out Grisham and then Taylor Trammell (long-term) as well...and they’re not going to bring in a player similar to Reyes or Renfroe after trading those two.  Cordero has to prove he can stay healthy for once and Naylor is more of a 1B/DH on an AL team.

7 minutes ago, Sarava said:

There seems to be untapped upside to both Mazara and Puig, while they've mostly been mostly mediocre in recent years. At this point, the Sox already have Mazara, so I don't see any reason to bring Puig in.

Basically an injury away in the corners to having to see Daniel Palka or Nick Delmonico on this roster. Thats enough of a reason for me.

His numbers last year against lefties were good, although they were bad in 17 and 18. I'd gamble on it personally.

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, Sarava said:

There seems to be untapped upside to both Mazara and Puig, while they've mostly been mostly mediocre in recent years. At this point, the Sox already have Mazara, so I don't see any reason to bring Puig in.

If Eloy or Mazara goes down, we’re looking at replacement level production or worse in one of our OF spots.  I think that would be the main reason to add another OF, whether that be Puig or someone with less baggage.

• Heads22 changed the title to KW says "no Puig"