KW says "no Puig"

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

That Fake Cishek on Twitter actually said the same thing as Bruce. Said that Hahn wanted Holt and Jerry said no more spending. I think they are both full of crap

Agree. I can't picture Holt got more than $3-4 Mil this late.  Now-a days that is an order of new bats. 

Edited by SCCWS

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn has already stated the Sox are far from maxed out money wise...

That's one of those things a GM should say even if they are 100% maxed out down to the last cent. "Oh Mr. Holt I'm sorry the White Sox said publicly that they're maxed out, I guess you'll have to take a discount with us" says the Brewers GM.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know it’s Bruce Levine but he was on The Score just now and said he doesn’t see Puig happening.  He said, “the Sox are pretty much maxed-out money-wise.”

This could explain why they haven’t signed any cheap bench options.

God Bruce is terrible.  Hahn has stated multiple times the Sox aren't maxed.  How he still has a job boggles my mind.

Edited by Soxnfins

1 minute ago, Soxnfins said:

God Bruce is terrible.  Hahn has stated multiple times the Sox aren't maxed.  How he still has a job boggles my mind.

I've heard similar from other beat writers privately FWIW. This is a Reinsdorf problem. Don't displace your rage toward Bruce in this case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've heard similar from other beat writers privately FWIW. This is a Reinsdorf problem. Don't displace your rage toward Bruce in this case. 

So you're saying that the Sox are going to max out a payrolls of ~$120-125M moving forward?  Because if that is the case, this whole rebuild was for nothing.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

But we can both agree that Bruce is mind boggling at least?

Bruce didn’t know that keeping Kopech down in the minors to start the season could save some of his service time, when many posters here did.  Meanwhile, Bruce covers Chicago baseball as his career.  I would say your assessment is still correct.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think that means in general - meaning they see their peak payroll in the 160-180 range but they have no plan to he there tomorrow or this year given that guys pay raises are likely factored in, as well as the addition of future FA. Not sure why spending on a 1 year deal would impact that but maybe money saved today is money spent tomorrow for Rick.

I’m pretty sure he said they’d have money for mid-season acquisitions, so zero reason they couldn’t afford Puig on a one year deal.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, demonbluess said:

By no means a big "Bruce guy" but I think he provides valuable content on the radio for aging sports radio fans. Now... on twitter... that is a different story. 🤢

Except the game has passed him by, and he lacks basic knowledge of how roster management works today.  And that is literally his job.  He's awful.  

6 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know it’s Bruce Levine but he was on The Score just now and said he doesn’t see Puig happening.  He said, “the Sox are pretty much maxed-out money-wise.”

This could explain why they haven’t signed any cheap bench options.

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn has already stated the Sox are far from maxed out money wise...

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I would guess maybe they had a budget for the beginning of this year - taking into account potential mid season adds and further FA and arb commitments in the future - and maybe they're near that ceiling. I doubt it prevented them from signing Brock Holt though.

It's hard to say because Bruce has no idea what's happening.

5 hours ago, Orlando said:

That Fake Cishek on Twitter actually said the same thing as Bruce. Said that Hahn wanted Holt and Jerry said no more spending. I think they are both full of crap

4 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Agree. I can't picture Holt got more than $3-4 Mil this late.  Now-a days that is an order of new bats. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

That's one of those things a GM should say even if they are 100% maxed out down to the last cent. "Oh Mr. Holt I'm sorry the White Sox said publicly that they're maxed out, I guess you'll have to take a discount with us" says the Brewers GM.

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

So you're saying that the Sox are going to max out a payrolls of ~$120-125M moving forward?  Because if that is the case, this whole rebuild was for nothing.  

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Good to hear that JR is still not fully 100% committed to winning.

2 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Perfectly positioned for years of 2nd place finishes.

1 hour ago, justBLAZE said:

If the Sox are maxed out then this is awful news going forward. Puig be damned. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Jerry said he is impatient trying to win, so he needs to act like it and man all the way the heck up. Money should not be an issue right now. Especially for guys on a one year deal who could really help us win games. 

52 minutes ago, almagest said:

Hopefully "maxed out" means "for this offseason".

Made a new thread for this discussion.

19 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

If the Sox are maxed out then this is awful news going forward. Puig be damned. 

My first thought was that they could just be maxed out for this year. They have played this game in the past where they'll spend if the fans show up at the park. So, for right now, it's on the fans to support the product as it exists today with the thought being that the additional income will be put on the field. 

• Heads22 changed the title to KW says "no Puig"