KW says "no Puig"

Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think his rep and also his asking price.   No doubt

And his performance.   There's a lot of assholes in pro sports that produce.  Problem with Puig is that it's 50/50 if you're getting the 1 WAR version or the 3 WAR version.  The 1 WAR version ain't worth it and everybody knows it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And his performance.   There's a lot of assholes in pro sports that produce.  Problem with Puig is that it's 50/50 if you're getting the 1 WAR version or the 3 WAR version.  The 1 WAR version ain't worth it and everybody knows it.

The performance isn't as bad as the haters want it to be and it isn't as good as caulfield says it is ;)

bottom line, extra outfielder I'm fine with as long as his part time production shows up

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I drove 85-90 mph with my wife and kids on the way to South Carolina a few summers ago when I was driving in Indiana, so I guess I should turn myself in and think about all that time in lockup I have coming to me

Sure go ahead make light of everything, compare 85-90 to 110, Say you don't care about a feud with Mattingly while Dave Roberts also benched him for making the last out of a game trying to steal 2nd base and didn't slide and then said it was because he felt a tweak in his hammy.

Willfully be ignorant of on and off field brawling, disobedience to coaches, faking injuries ,making excuses ,selfish behavior, laziness. The list of transgressions goes on and on.

Saying that the Dodgers won with him being a cancer is meaningless. It's a team game and he didn't spread the cancer to his team mates. Cancer is not contagious.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure go ahead make light of everything, compare 85-90 to 110, Say you don't care about a feud with Mattingly while Dave Roberts also benched him for making the last out of a game trying to steal 2nd base and didn't slide and then said it was because he felt a tweak in his hammy.

Willfully be ignorant of on and off field brawling, disobedience to coaches, faking injuries ,making excuses ,selfish behavior, laziness. The list of transgressions goes on and on.

Saying that the Dodgers won with him being a cancer is meaningless. It's a team game and he didn't spread the cancer to his team mates. Cancer is not contagious.

Well, now you're raising the speed on his arrest - not just in reality, from your previous post to this one.

I'm not condoning it, but, c'mon man. Speeding 100 is bad enough without you needing to increase it.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm gonna make light of it because you are throwing so much weight at it.   You don't like Puig, we get it.   He will not get your stamp of approval if he comes to Chicago. It's a shame he won't get that stamp,  but it will all be ok

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well, now you're raising the speed on his arrest - not just in reality, from your previous post to this one.

I'm not condoning it, but, c'mon man. Speeding 100 is bad enough without you needing to increase it.

If you had read the previous posts you will see i originally said it was 110 and only said 100 because Brian Anderson in his post reduced it to 100 and I didn't correct him.

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I drove 85-90 mph with my wife and kids on the way to South Carolina a few summers ago when I was driving in Indiana, so I guess I should turn myself in and think about all that time in lockup I have coming to me

We should at least revoke your moderator privileges and give them to me

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm gonna make light of it because you are throwing so much weight at it.   You don't like Puig, we get it.   He will not get your stamp of approval if he comes to Chicago. It's a shame he won't get that stamp,  but it will all be ok

No i listed it among many other transgressions and only addressed it individually when someone else brought it up and reduced the speed to 100 and ignored that he wasn't driving alone in the process. He willfully ignored the facts I gave him.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No i listed it among many other transgressions and only addressed it individually when someone else brought it up and reduced the speed to 100 and ignored that he wasn't driving alone in the process. He willfully ignored the facts I gave him.

I just.......I can't in good conscience sit here and be like "I don't want Puig because he drove really fast with his mom in the car once"

lance briggs fucking wrecked a Lambo and ditched it so he wouldn't get a DUI and all I ever worried about was him making tackles.   This shit doesn't bother me like it does you.   There is nothing he has done that has shown to be so detrimental to the team that he should be considered radioactive.  He is a prick, there are a lot of them in baseball

@ron883 you couldn't handle all these mod powers

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I just.......I can't in good conscience sit here and be like "I don't want Puig because he drove really fast with his mom in the car once"

lance briggs fucking wrecked a Lambo and ditched it so he wouldn't get a DUI and all I ever worried about was him making tackles.   This shit doesn't bother me like it does you.   There is nothing he has done that has shown to be so detrimental to the team that he should be considered radioactive.  He is a prick, there are a lot of them in baseball

@ron883 you couldn't handle all these mod powers

Somehow you think that's the only incident that matters to me because I addressed it individually when someone misrepresented the facts and then you further reduced the speed . It went from 110 with occupants ( the real facts) to 100 with no occupants to 85-90 from you with occupants. Then I was accused of raising the speed myself from one post to another.How was I supposed to respond to that ?

I don't think he is worth the risk because of an endless list of transgressions on and off the field involving team mates,other teams , managers, coaches, relatives,writers, civilians and law enforcement.

You think he is worth the risk . So be it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Somehow you think that's the only incident that matters to me because I addressed it individually when someone misrepresented the facts and then you further reduced the speed . It went from 110 with occupants ( the real facts) to 100 with no occupants to 85-90 from you with occupants. How was I supposed to respond to that ?

I don't think he is worth the risk because of an endless list of transgressions on and off the field involving team mates,other teams , managers, coaches, relatives,writers, civilians and law enforcement.

You have brought it up many times in this thread, I get it that 100-110 is a bridge too far for you with mom, 85-90 is fine.  All the other stuff, these "transgressions", the guy is a dick.  Oh well.You don't want him, so be it.   I'm not going to the wall for the guy, he isn't meant to be a starter.   I don't really think it's worth getting that upset over

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Somehow you think that's the only incident that matters to me because I addressed it individually when someone misrepresented the facts and then you further reduced the speed . It went from 110 with occupants ( the real facts) to 100 with no occupants to 85-90 from you with occupants. How was I supposed to respond to that ?

Puig's swagger is the exact thing this team needs. This team needs more swagger tbh. His bat flips with Tim's bat flips... Goodness that would be great.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You have brought it up many times in this thread, I get it that 100-110 is a bridge too far for you with mom, 85-90 is fine.  All the other stuff, these "transgressions", the guy is a dick.  Oh well.You don't want him, so be it.   I'm not going to the wall for the guy, he isn't meant to be a starter.   I don't really think it's worth getting that upset over

Well duh I brought it up only when challenged and facts misrepresented and I was accused of changing the facts. I wouldn't have brought that one thing up again if you and others hadn't cherry picked it out of a long list . I'm not upset at all. If upset is defending yourself against people moving the goal posts so be it.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well duh I brought it up only when challenged and facts misrepresented and I was accused of changing the facts. I wouldn't have brought that one thing up again if you and others hadn't cherry picked it out of a long list . I'm not upset at all. If upset is defending yourself against people moving the goal posts so be it.

Goalposts weren't moved ffs, someone changed the speed from 110 to 100 mph.   

and clearly the guy bothers you, your first post on the matter is calling everyone nuts for even suggesting it

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/108971-puig-still-a-possibility-for-sox/&do=findComment&comment=3902198

The Sox are going to give Mazara an opportunity to be a full time RFer for at least two months, and maybe longer.

Having Puig chomping on the bit for playing time on the bench is probably going to be counterproductive...kind of like having a tiger as a pet cat and hoping he doesn't knock over the furniture. .

Fvk Puig.  My problem is with Kyyle speeding in Indiana at 120 mph or something like that.

Edited by tray

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think this is part of the point. Is a guy who is difficult person in and out of the clubhouse going to sit on the bench and not cause issues? Is he going to be happy that he doesn't get to play and won't be able to get another large contract while sitting on the bench? Is it worth having a guy like that on the bench? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to KW says "no Puig"