KW says "no Puig"

Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thank you . That has only been focused on because that is about what I keep getting challenged by others who lie and twist the facts and compare it to other situations  including driving less MPH without occupants. It just one incident among many and I won't back down no matter how many lies are told.

Wait - seriously - is this like one of these Twitter trolls or Peavy44 things? I don't usually pay attentino to who posts on this board - usually ... 85% of the time the conversation is strong enough where i just focus on teh response rather than the poster -- but this isn't serious right? 

You can find me where I said 100mph instead of 110mph. Thanks I'll hang up and listen. 

And also for real for real, my last post on this topic. I have too much actual work to do. It's all fun and games to waste 10 minutes of my day on here on topics.. going back and forth with a troll is a waste of time. I'm adding you to the block/mute list. 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Omg I'm lying and twisting now?  Lmao dude you need to have a snickers 

I absolutely have driven over 110 mph with my wife in the car, I lived In carbondale and drove to my parents house in Batavia and then Johnsburg from 2000-2004 with my wife and you can bet your ass I drove those speeds on I 57.   You have made your point that you value morals above anything, stop martyring yourself in this thread 

Yes you sure are lying and twisting . That is undeniable. Your cavalier attitude cannot mask it. If you expect me to back down think again. Puig isn't necessarily immoral. Stupid and immature at many times in his life for sure. I have no idea why you think admitting you were stupid also makes your argument any stronger. Perhaps to show yourself as just a normal dude to all those that can relate to the thrill of driving fast and being stupid. So I am the martyr while you are the every man who all can enjoy your flippancy and lightheartedness. Don't think for a minute that I am unaware of how clever that is.

I honestly hope you never do that again .. a blow out at those speeds would have killed you and your wife and perhaps others. I'm no saint but what I have done or what you have done has no bearing on this discussion

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Now I want Puig on the team so cali has to eat it when he does something good 😂 

If Puig is on the team and performs well and stays out of trouble I'm all for it. It's the possibility and odds against it I don't like . Please gloat all you want if that comes to fruition. I'm all for anything that helps the team win if no one gets hurt along the way and that includes Puig hurting himself.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Wait - seriously - is this like one of these Twitter trolls or Peavy44 things? I don't usually pay attentino to who posts on this board - usually ... 85% of the time the conversation is strong enough where i just focus on teh response rather than the poster -- but this isn't serious right? 

You can find me where I said 100mph instead of 110mph. Thanks I'll hang up and listen. 

And also for real for real, my last post on this topic. I have too much actual work to do. It's all fun and games to waste 10 minutes of my day on here on topics.. going back and forth with a troll is a waste of time. I'm adding you to the block/mute list. 

I guess you won't be able to see this apology then.

I am sorry for saying you said 100 when you did not in all posts where I said you did. This apology is sincere for misrepresenting what you said. See how easy that is to say. Apparently it's not that easy to others.

This is what you said. "not sure why 110mph in a 70mph zone is mind blowing to you. "

So i will now respond to that. SInce you did leave out the part where he had passengers in the car I can say that if anyone wants to drive 110 on a public highway and they can guarantee having an accident will kill only yourself nor cause any property damage or cause inconvenience to others cleaning you off the street then go ahead and do it as often as you like.

I have no idea why you think I am a troll . I listed many reasons in my initial post on the matter. Many agreed with it judging by the amount of positive responses in the emojis. You focused on one reason and others have picked up that gauntlet . I don't think defending things I say is being a troll. I have not intentionally tried to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments. I stick to the facts. It was you who picked out 1 fact out of many I listed and tried to tell me how harmless it was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Going 110mph isn't as outrageous as you make it seem. I have driven faster than that, a good amount faster even. Granted, it's legal over here, but the legality doesn't really matter when you are focusing so much on the risks of having a tire blow out or other stuff.

I am jealous of your Porsche or whatever you are driving on the Autobahn.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Going 110mph isn't as outrageous as you make it seem. I have driven faster than that, a good amount faster even. Granted, it's legal over here, but the legality doesn't really matter when you are focusing so much on the risks of having a tire blow out or other stuff.

I had a feeling when I saw it was you responding the Autobahn would be involved.

There isn't a speed limit but they do recommend not going over 80. The purpose from the beginning was high-speed travel so there was no reason to limit the speed. The Autobahn network was designed with wider lanes, wider curves and lesser grade changes than other existing roads so that cars could travel faster and safer since there wouldn't be any crossing traffic either.

However once again I not focusing on the speed ,or that one Puig incident or blowouts but only have been responding to others who cherry picked one incident out of many I listed. If the others purpose was to get away from the original argument and focus on highway safety then I am probably beat. But I didn't start that discussion .

Last time I am responding to anything but the multiple issues about Puig.That was my focus since the start.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If Puig is on the team and performs well and stays out of trouble I'm all for it. It's the possibility and odds against it I don't like . Please gloat all you want if that comes to fruition. I'm all for anything that helps the team win if no one gets hurt along the way and that includes Puig hurting himself.

Same feeling, sort of.  I'd take Puig in a heart beat, only as a 4th outfielder/platoon rightfielder at a modest price(easily cut with becoming a problem).  I believe if the Sox were to get him, he'd possibly change for the better?  He'd be on the same team as Grandal(who vouches for the guy), Moncada, Robert, and Abreu as fellow Cubans.  I think he would be put in line on this team, and I think the main reason for that is those four players...not to mention Ricky as a hispanic manager that has good connection to his players.  I think the fact that he is getting empty/no offers at the moment is showing him what's up...

First sign of trouble cut bait...and the guy has trouble ever getting a starting gig on a Major League team.  

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I drove 85-90 mph with my wife and kids on the way to South Carolina a few summers ago when I was driving in Indiana, so I guess I should turn myself in and think about all that time in lockup I have coming to me

Imagine posting your crimes on a message board.  Guess what buddy? Speeding is dangerous and unfortunately for YOU the statute of limitations hasn't expired.  Nice IP you got there pal, would be ashame if someone SUBPOENAD it.  What's that? Oh, Kyle drives a Toyota Camry, IL registration #AY45xxx? Oh my, it's really sad I have to send you this ticket in the mail now.  See you in court, guy. 

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Imagine posting your crimes on a message board.  Guess what buddy? Speeding is dangerous and unfortunately for YOU the statute of limitations hasn't expired.  Nice IP you got there pal, would be ashame if someone SUBPOENAD it.  What's that? Oh, Kyle drives a Toyota Camry, IL registration #AY45xxx? Oh my, it's really sad I have to send you this ticket in the mail now.  See you in court, guy. 

Im petrified.  Please do so

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Just curious, what is the statute of limitations on speeding?

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Christ, not this guy again...  I’m still waiting for that Marcell Ozuna signing.  😂

To be fair, he at least has proven to have inside information. He has been right a bunch. That Marcell Ozuna thing was a bad look but he trusted a friend that had bad info. He never actually reported it, he just shared his friend’s scoop .

Yeah this will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I mean Puig is a guy who can play at every outfield position. Has a bat that is dangerous. I definitely would prefer over Engel's off the bench. As far as signing him, I imagine it would take at least $5 million - which is a bargain. But as some have pointed out, the Sox have chosen and committed to Nomar starting . And this is a course of action that I agree with. The Sox have got to see what Mazara can do first. If Puig can agree with those parameters and with the culture we have now in that locker room led by Abrue and Grandal then this could work out. We become a little more dangerous with his bat. And Ricky has flexibility if an outfielder needs a break. And if he disrupts what we are trying to do, then they can dfa him.  Bottom line the risk is minimal. 

57 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Yeah this will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I mean Puig is a guy who can play at every outfield position. Has a bat that is dangerous. I definitely would prefer over Engel's off the bench. As far as signing him, I imagine it would take at least $5 million - which is a bargain. But as some have pointed out, the Sox have chosen and committed to Nomar starting . And this is a course of action that I agree with. The Sox have got to see what Mazara can do first. If Puig can agree with those parameters and with the culture we have now in that locker room led by Abrue and Grandal then this could work out. We become a little more dangerous with his bat. And Ricky has flexibility if an outfielder needs a break. And if he disrupts what we are trying to do, then they can dfa him.  Bottom line the risk is minimal. 

This all looks good on paper but there is a very big aspect missing. It seems to me that a lot of people are automatically assuming that Puig has interest to come to Chicago and play for the Sox. Let's just say he was willing to take a $5M MLB deal - why would the Sox be his only offer at that value? I'm sure there are many teams that would be willing to take the same risk/reward with Puig on such a deal, but be able to offer him much more consistent playing time. From a career standpoint, at least in my opinion, Puig would be a fool to take a prove-it type deal to sit on the bench. Especially when he is statistically a reverse splits player and the majority of his playing time would come against LHP. If Puig suddenly decided $5M is the best he can so, other teams can and will offer the same low-cost deal as the Sox to get him and actually allow him to re-build his value back.

• Heads22 changed the title to KW says "no Puig"