Yoan Moncada switches agents

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Does anyone know if Colas also is represented by this agency?

he's not listed but their web page in general sucks and is out dated.  Hard to believe a company that sees revenue probably well north of 50 million a year hired what appears to be a GeoCities 2020 level designer.

https://themovement360.com/sports-clients/

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Something seems odd about this. Their website and clientele don't match what I'd expect from him. 

From what I could tell it looks like an agency primarily focused on entertainment clients and for whatever reason is mostly associated with LA MLB clients on the sports side.  Who was his agent prior?  Could just be he prefers working with a Cuban-American based rep or at least a Carib-American rep.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Probably asking for a smaller commission.  Expect an extension shortly.

Could be.  But man the commission is earned because they got the player the most money ya know?  Kinda a short sighted decision to fire an agent based on their commission.   Regardless, it's hard to see this as anything but a positive for an extension chance.

A Moncada extension would be great, but i am also down to just enjoy the fuck outta Moncada for the next 4 seasons. I don’t think we’re getting much of a discount at this point, and I can’t blame the guy. At some point it just makes sense to let it play out for both sides.

• Like 1

I think the question becomes what does a reasonable extension look like for Moncada. 6-98 Million. Grabbing 2 more years of control, cost certainty but paying more in the beginning of the contract. This would make Moncada a free agent at 30 which would still allow him for another pay day. I can't see an agent letting him extend past 30. 

2020-6 Million

2021- 8 Million

2022- 14 million

2023- 20 Million

2024- 25 Million

2025- 25 Million

Edited by kwill

5 hours ago, kwill said:

I think the question becomes what does a reasonable extension look like for Moncada. 6-98 Million. Grabbing 2 more years of control, cost certainty but paying more in the beginning of the contract. This would make Moncada a free agent at 30 which would still allow him for another pay day. I can't see an agent letting him extend past 30. 

2020-6 Million

2021- 8 Million

2022- 14 million

2023- 20 Million

2024- 25 Million

2025- 25 Million

Probably the Bregman contract as a comparison.