TA is the best

Look at Ray Ray Run

Hmmm... not liking those guys putting the "nobody paid to see you walk" in Tim's head. Gonna be interesting to see if Tim listens to Grandal about "walks create runs" as he said at SoxFest (but hey if Tim wants to continue to hit .330+ and improve with the glove, then I got no gripes at all. Keep swingin it Timmy). 

Edited by SoxAce

33 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

This was a good video.. Im glad he owned up to being a butcher on defense lol.. but the whole "I didn't come to the field to walk, no one wants to see that" made me cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. lol

Where in the video did you see this?

46 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

This was a good video.. Im glad he owned up to being a butcher on defense lol.. but the whole "I didn't come to the field to walk, no one wants to see that" made me cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. lol

He didn’t admit to being a butcher on defense. And I dont think that is a good description of his defensive abilities whatsoever. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Good luck hitting .335 again if you don’t think walks are important.

Normally I’d agree but Tim did show that special ability to serve outside pitches back into shallow center and right at will.  Konerko didn’t develop that skill until his last few years but it was beautiful.  
This leads me to think Tim can sustain super high BAs.  One of the more interesting things to watch this year for sure

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Hmmm... not liking those guys putting the "nobody paid to see you walk" in Tim's head. Gonna be interesting to see if Tim listens to Grandal about "walks create runs" as he said at SoxFest (but hey if Tim wants to continue to hit .330+ and improve with the glove, then I got no gripes at all. Keep swingin it Timmy). 

He has said patience and discipline at the plate were big focuses of his off-season plan. This is just a funny video of him joking around about the critics he had last year despite winning a batting title.

Walks don't result in an RBI. Sometimes a hitter like Abreu will swing at a pitch that is outside the strike zone to drive in a run.  Players that try to coax too many walks eventually are going to get lit up by umpires on a close pitch for a called strike 3. 

Just now, tray said:

Walks don't result in an RBI. Sometimes a hitter like Abreu will swing at a pitch that is outside the strike zone to drive in a run.  Players that try to coax too many walks eventually are going to get lit up by umpires on a close pitch for a called strike 3. 

Yep, worst case scenario you end up like 2018 Moncada. That's the other extreme of working counts. 

8 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Why won’t the Sox name him captain?

I'd like to see Abreu and Tim as captains with Grandal as the clubhouse ambassador and guy that does all the tough interviews so others don't have to.

But TA might be a bit too young.  Hard to believe he's only entering his age 26 season.  

In general, I wouldn’t name a captain of a baseball team until they’re on the team for at least 8 years with plans of being there longer,  and you know, finish over .500 once, and make the postseason. Before that, they can be leaders and a good influence, but captaincy is taking it to the next level.