TA is the best

Look at Ray Ray Run

I love watching Tim play and I respect his philanthropic work in the community, however he does seem awfully full of himself. His Youtube channel is interesting, more for the behind the scenes peeks at the other players, than for his hardly audible ramblings. Oh, and I too worry about him trying to make a video and text, while driving. Perhaps he should hire a driver, so that he and his video assistant can concentrate on their "productions," while the driver concentrates on getting him to the field in one piece. In any case, he may be trying to juggle too many plates, while striving to accomplish his self proclaimed goals. I'd really prefer that he just focus on his game and let his video maker capture everything, more in the style of "Candid Camera". I do wonder if some of his teammates may not be comfortable with the loss of their privacy. 

Edited by Lillian

18 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I love watching Tim play and I respect his work in the community, however he does seem awfully full of himself. His Youtube channel is interesting, more for the behind the scenes peeks at the other players, than for his hardly audible ramblings. Oh, and I too worry about him trying to make a video and text, while driving. Perhaps he should hire a driver, so that he and his video assistant can concentrate on their "productions," while the driver concentrates on getting him to the field in one piece. In any case, he may be trying to juggle too many plates, while striving to accomplish his self proclaimed goals. I'd really prefer that he just focus on his game and let his video maker capture everything, more in the style of "Candid Camera". I do wonder if some of his teammates may not be comfortable with the loss of their privacy. 

I agree 100%. Its kind of awkward a a little cringeworthy when he keeps talking. Wish there was substance to it. Maybe he's trying to reach the younger crowd?

I also wish he had a more team centered mindset. 

8 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I agree 100%. Its kind of awkward a a little cringeworthy when he keeps talking. Wish there was substance to it. Maybe he's trying to reach the younger crowd?

I also wish he had a more team centered mindset. 

Agreed, it’s awful.  Joey’s World Tour has better YouTube content.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Absolutely. Gave me a respect for TA that before wasn’t there... and overall one of the best baseball life stories I’ve read.

Thanks for sharing.

Word.  Just incredible.  I’m rooting so hard for this dude.  His channel is the most interesting baseball footage I have ever seen.  

this is the future

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Word.  Just incredible.  I’m rooting so hard for this dude.  His channel is the most interesting baseball footage I have ever seen.  

this is the future

He has the dopest content ever...  just ask him.  😂

I don’t understand the appeal.  It looks like a bunch of random video of workouts, batting practice, etc. with zero commentary.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

On 2/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, zisk said:

I'd trade him for Marcus Semien in a second. To hell with the money and age difference.

Marcus Semien is a free agent next year. Good thing you aren't the GM, because that's some trash

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 3

After having watched all of his posted videos, I'm sorry to have to say that they really are awful. Tim seems to be constantly "playing to the camera". Most of his continuous hand symbols and mutterings, are either inaudible, or unintelligible, and often cringe worthy. The intriguing idea of having good quality video, revealing an inside look into the personality of this appealing group of Sox players seemed promising. Unfortunately, this effort falls far short of its potential. Eloy has the personality to do something like this, but I'm afraid that Tim just isn't cut out for it. Perhaps the best thing Tim could do is simply pretend that no one is capturing any of his antics on video. Just be himself and stop playing to the camera. Oh, and better quality video, and better editing would also help. Nevertheless, I like Tim, love the way he plays, and appreciate the good things he does. Hey Tim, just "don't give up your day job".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SoxAce said:

“Now that I’ve experienced it,” Tim Jr. says, “I get to pour into him my positive energy. He doesn’t have to worry about how I feel. I’m always in the positive state. Trying to stay positive. Trying to keep people around me positive, man. And, man, life’s tough. Life’s tough. We go through so much every day. Every day. So I just try to drive a positive line and try to stay away from negative energy and try not to let that rub off on me.

“He always said ‘I love you.’ That was enough for me. When you’re going through that, not many people would say that. I love you. You know? And when I would talk, he would listen. Not many people would hear me out. But when I would sit with him or have a conversation with him, he would actually listen … We’re all human. We make mistakes. We make them twice. We make them three times. You know? And it goes on and it goes on. You can’t hold grudges on people. You got to continue to move on, man. Life’s so short. You don’t want to hold that grudge. I don’t want to feel like that.”

Everyone could take to the above excerpt; staying positive is at the basis of enjoying life. There is no reason to carry anger, or a grudge, with you day to day. Move on, forgive and grow. Well said by a guy who has been through a lot of shit.

3 hours ago, Lillian said:

After having watched all of his posted videos, I'm sorry to have to say that they really are awful. Tim seems to be constantly "playing to the camera". Most of his continuous hand symbols and mutterings, are either inaudible, or unintelligible, and often cringe worthy. The intriguing idea of having good quality video, revealing an inside look into the personality of this appealing group of Sox players seemed promising. Unfortunately, this effort falls far short of its potential. Eloy has the personality to do something like this, but I'm afraid that Tim just isn't cut out for it. Perhaps the best thing Tim could do is simply pretend that no one is capturing any of his antics on video. Just be himself and stop playing to the camera. Oh, and better quality video, and better editing would also help. Nevertheless, I like Tim, love the way he plays, and appreciate the good things he does. Hey Tim, just "don't give up your day job".

Different strokes for different folks. I'm actually surprised more people haven't felt the way you have regarding his videos; I enjoy them but I could 100% understand how an older generation would not get them or would grow tired with the language and repetitive nature of the message; also the music he reps is more in line with younger kids than an older generation as well.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

9 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He has the dopest content ever...  just ask him.  😂

I don’t understand the appeal.  It looks like a bunch of random video of workouts, batting practice, etc. with zero commentary.

baseball has been a game in the shadows for quite some time; with very little access and non-scripted behind the scenes looks. 

people aren't sitting in BP commenting or analyzing a guys swing and etc; that wouldn't be normal per se. I can definitely see why some don't find the content interesting, but to be fair baseball practices and training isn't all that loud or "Exciting"; it's just routine work. It's nice to see some of the drills they go through, and the groupings within the team, but people expecting some highly edited production level (hard knocks style) for Tim's homemade videos are going to be greatly disappointed.