Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rankin

FS: top-30 week FULL LIST

Recommended Posts

Last year Yolbert Sanchez and Ben Bailey were teammates in the DSL.  Bailey had vastly superior numbers.  Bailey was 17, Sanchez was 22.  Naturally, Sanchez is ranked 12 spots higher than Bailey.

Every other team would love to get their hands on Bailey; Sanchez, not so much.

I don't get it.  Bailey should be Top Ten material, or at least those two should be switched.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Last year Yolbert Sanchez and Ben Bailey were teammates in the DSL.  Bailey had vastly superior numbers.  Bailey was 17, Sanchez was 22.  Naturally, Sanchez is ranked 12 spots higher than Bailey.

Every other team would love to get their hands on Bailey; Sanchez, not so much.

I don't get it.  Bailey should be Top Ten material, or at least those two should be switched.

Yolbert Sanchez has a track record of success in Cuban leagues. He's starting in Kannapolis and could be a major leaguer pretty quickly due to his defensive prowess. Benyamin Bailey is an interesting story as a $35K signing out of Panama. Shortstop is a more important position. If you told me that Bailey ends up ahead of Yolbert on the midseason list, I wouldn't be that surprised. It's not time for that yet though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see the jump for Thompson and Dalquist - it'll be fun to follow them and Vera once he's in the organization.

Now they just need to find a highly touted LHP on the LatAm market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to hate on Yolbert forever but yeah I’d put a small bet that he doesn’t offensively outproduce Mendick at any full season level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don’t want to hate on Yolbert forever but yeah I’d put a small bet that he doesn’t offensively outproduce Mendick at any full season level

He might not. He's a better defender though and is faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quin said:

Nice to see the jump for Thompson and Dalquist - it'll be fun to follow them and Vera once he's in the organization.

Now they just need to find a highly touted LHP on the LatAm market

Those 5 combined innings they threw really blew every one away!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Yolbert getting a bit underrated by some I see.

It’s a good list but he sticks out like a sore thumb to me. He’d be in my 25-35 range. There are a number of guys above him that get more points from me for proximity/likelihood to majors and more promise.

It is just very hard to square his production in Cuba, very bland production in DSL whole way older than the pitchers, with a guy who will find enough offense for me to care about his defense.

Thats about where Beard would be for me, so 27/28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×