White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Same goes for Cease.

I suppose.  But Cease is still a kid, and frankly, has more time to blossom.  Reynaldo is a vet at this point, and if he doesn't have a good start to the season, he'll be lucky if his days in the rotation continue.  Sort of different situations IMO.  

We have the #42 player , one of the best rookies and four more top 100 guys along with a nice supporting cast and a handful of promising pitchers. There might be one more nice move I am thinking. Good vibrations.

Edited by pcq

3 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

So, Lopez was too busy fixing other pitchers problems on the mound than figuring out his own? I think we found Coop’s replacement.

That's kinda what I thought too.  Lopez is quite the enigma.

Rodon throwing already?  That's good.  He might yet have a role to play on this club this year and perhaps after.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's kinda what I thought too.  Lopez is quite the enigma.

Rodon throwing already?  That's good.  He might yet have a role to play on this club this year and perhaps after.

It's about 8 months after surgery. He began throwing 2 months ago most likely. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Just was a little surprised to see him officially listed as throwing already, like on a the official schedule.

That's a typical timeline. Most pitchers are back pitching gin games about 9-10 months. Although the sox have been very conservative with their regard recently. 

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's coming off shoulder shoulder and TJ.  Anything they get from him is a bonus.  I'd put the OU on future MLB innings for Rodon at about 150.

In the next 2 years?  Or in his career?  Cuz if it's career, I'd take the over on that in a heartbeat, even if the bulk of it is going to be for another team.