White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

Bob Rosenberg has been the White Sox and Bulls official scorer forever. He was dismissed by MLB after last season. He is 79 and loses what he says is about $20k in income, so he is selling off his 6 Bulls championship rings. The minimum bid is $300k. 

His replacement as White Sox official scorer, is the Phil Rogers  who wrote a positive book about Bud Selig. He was hired by Bud's son in law.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bob Rosenberg has been the White Sox and Bulls official scorer forever. He was dismissed by MLB after last season. He is 79 and loses what he says is about $20k in income, so he is selling off his 6 Bulls championship rings. The minimum bid is $300k. 

His replacement as White Sox official scorer, is the Phil Rogers  who wrote a positive book about Bud Selig. He was hired by Bud's son in law.

Well this all sounds shady.   And Phil Rogers as they official scorer also sounds like many obvious mistakes will be made 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

"Yoan Moncada didn't deserve a tenth place vote and Fegan is a hack" Phil Rogers??

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

"Yoan Moncada didn't deserve a tenth place vote and Fegan is a hack" Phil Rogers??

Giving Moncada a 10th place vote is fine. Keeping the guy who eventually finished 4th off your 10-man ballot, didn’t make Fegan look good. It was a shitty ballot.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Wait, the shitty writer who's an assclown?

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Wait, the shitty writer who's an assclown?

Rogers always seemed like a nice guy, the kinda dude you could share a Miller Lite with at Schaller’s and reminisce with about the glory days of baseball.

In the last five years, though, he’s simply been left behind by more sophisticated, analytics-driven writers.

I remember when complex baseball analysis consisted of mostly OPS, and Pythagorean standings for managers.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's coming off shoulder shoulder and TJ.  Anything they get from him is a bonus.  I'd put the OU on future MLB innings for Rodon at about 150.

yeah...I for one isn't expecting too much out of him this year at all.  2 more years of control (which includes this year)?

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I heard some players were injured headed into camp but they weren’t major injuries. Grandal was one of them. Are they something to be concerned about in terms of missed time? 

Also has there been any updates on Jake Burger?

Grandal, Giolito, and Gio Gonzalez will all miss first week of ST games. Will be fine for regular season. 

We’ll be lucky to ever see Burger in a major league game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I heard some players were injured headed into camp but they weren’t major injuries. Grandal was one of them. Are they something to be concerned about in terms of missed time? 

Giolio, Gio Gonzalez, and Grandal all with minor injuries.  Expected to miss the first week of spring games but not much more.  Not sure about GG but I believe the other two participated in normal team work outs.  

At Soxfest there was mention of Burger reporting to AZ in a few weeks but nothing more specific that I can recall.  No one seems to be saying much about where he's at in rehab or timetable etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Jake lost 50 lbs and is in the best shape of his life. He recently achieved the world's highest score ever on Warcraft III. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2