White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

20 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Is it wrong for me to think Robert is the righty version of Griffey Jr? He is a gazelle and literally has the best baseball body I've seen in years

Kind of, if only because Griffey was one of the best baseball players in history.

I'd probably take that, though.

Thinking about heading to AZ for spring training at the end of February.  Looks like Indians, Rangers, and Angels.  Hit the Home game Friday against he Indians, and probably skip the Rangers game for another game on Saturday.  Hit up the Angels on Sunday then head back home to SD.   Thinking of staying in Tempe area, where the Angels game would be...any suggestions on other stadiums to see on Saturday, or any suggestions on other things to do while not catching a game?  

6 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Thinking about heading to AZ for spring training at the end of February.  Looks like Indians, Rangers, and Angels.  Hit the Home game Friday against he Indians, and probably skip the Rangers game for another game on Saturday.  Hit up the Angels on Sunday then head back home to SD.   Thinking of staying in Tempe area, where the Angels game would be...any suggestions on other stadiums to see on Saturday, or any suggestions on other things to do while not catching a game?  

Hiking and nature if youre into that.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:17 PM, Kyyle23 said:

Well this all sounds shady.   And Phil Rogers as they official scorer also sounds like many obvious mistakes will be made 

Rosenberg had gotten pretty bad lately (especially at determining what is an error and what is a hit). I have no idea how Rogers is qualified though.

20 hours ago, justBLAZE said:

kudos to @chitownsportsfan for the second post. I am attending this year again, March 1-3, will be at Sox @ Angels, Padres @ Sox and probably Rangers @ Rockies at Talking Stick.

Staying in Scottsdale, going to hike one of the days. See you there. 

One more tip, last one I promise:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31350-d6772824-r367031706-Sumo_Maya_Mexican_Asian_Cuisine-Scottsdale_Arizona.html

Never had a bad meal there, and the scenery is top notch.  Will set ya back about $100 a head tho.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

One more tip, last one I promise:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31350-d6772824-r367031706-Sumo_Maya_Mexican_Asian_Cuisine-Scottsdale_Arizona.html

Never had a bad meal there, and the scenery is top notch.  Will set ya back about $100 a head tho.

I think it is great that posters offer tips to those attending ST.  With the influx of spring break, snow birds and spring training fans, some ST locations can become overrun with visitors and traffic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Keep them coming. Never feel bad about helping people. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I don't think Rodon projects for a lot of success right now, maybe until Sept 2021.

if this is true his career for the Sox and probably in general is over. Being very conservative he'll be ready by July of this year.

3 hours ago, SCCWS said:

I think it is great that posters offer tips to those attending ST.  With the influx of spring break, snow birds and spring training fans, some ST locations can become overrun with visitors and traffic. 

Thanks that last restaurant rec was a bit of a humblebrag.  Not that I'd ever be able to drop $200 there on a casual Scottsdale business lunch.  Rare treat for us middle class folks.

The crowds can be a bit much, especially later in spring.  That said, they do a pretty great job with the crowds at most of the facilities.  Talking Stick in particular had one of the most organized parking areas (in what is essentially empty desert) I've ever encountered.

Good to see the guys back in action and laughing it up.  You guys that are going have a blast down there and post plenty of pics.

Edited by chitownsportsfan