White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Nothing beats the "I'm in the best shape of my life" quotes.

Fulmer "not focused, thinking about that girl at the bar"

Rodon feeling depressed and missing his Arkansas February wild boar hunt.

Jake Burger in the "best COD shape of his life" looking to add a burrito microwaving game to his NEET repertoire after earlier mastering pissing in a Dew bottle. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Rodon also tried to use his injury as a reason for starting. He essentially says how can you move q starting pitcher who is hurt, into the more demanding bullpen? Dude is not gonna be happy when he slots into the bullpen as our Josh Hader. Unless of course, if Gio2 and Lopez both bomb. 

He is right from a physical standpoint. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thanks that last restaurant rec was a bit of a humblebrag.  Not that I'd ever be able to drop $200 there on a casual Scottsdale business lunch.  Rare treat for us middle class folks.

The crowds can be a bit much, especially later in spring.  That said, they do a pretty great job with the crowds at most of the facilities.  Talking Stick in particular had one of the most organized parking areas (in what is essentially empty desert) I've ever encountered.

Good to see the guys back in action and laughing it up.  You guys that are going have a blast down there and post plenty of pics.

I am actually in Florida so I can see many teams but not the White Sox. 

50 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Feels like the "reset" that happened with all the pitching injuries is finally coming to a close.  Let's hope for a little better health going forward.  All pitchers are an injury risk FFS having three of your best 5 guys org wise go down with TJ in the span of a year is pretty unlucky.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Feels like the "reset" that happened with all the pitching injuries is finally coming to a close.  Let's hope for a little better health going forward.  All pitchers are an injury risk FFS having three of your best 5 guys org wise go down with TJ in the span of a year is pretty unlucky.

The Lambert one sucks the most, because he was really putting it together and he was already an advanced age. He could have been big league ready by this year at some point.

He'll be 26ish when he returns fully healthy and I still like his ceiling, but it was a real bummer to see him go down.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Lambert one sucks the most, because he was really putting it together and he was already an advanced age. He could have been big league ready by this year at some point.

He'll be 26ish when he returns fully healthy and I still like his ceiling, but it was a real bummer to see him go down.

Yea he was on the verge of breaking through to MLB right?  Oh well, shit happens.  Excited to see these guys perform this year.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea he was on the verge of breaking through to MLB right?  Oh well, shit happens.  Excited to see these guys perform this year.

Yeah, he made the mechanical and pitch sequence changes before last year and his k-rates and etc really took off. He fell off a little as the year went on, but that could have easily been tied to his injury. his stuff was electric. Stiever and him saw about as big of an increase in raw stuff YOY as you'll find in baseball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/30-mlb-players-poised-to-make-leap-2020

White Sox -- Eloy Jiménez, LF: He was starting to really put it together late in the year, and he obviously has light-tower power. He might be the best candidate on this entire list, a dark horse to hit 50 homers.

I’m sure we’ll be happy with his hr total this year, but damn I hope the baseball isn’t juiced like last year.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2020/2/18/21142435/white-sox-prospect-andrew-vaughn-analytics

Thought this was interesting.

I have said before that there are a lot of players who have no desire to use analytics because their entire lives they've done this game on comfort, feel and reaction. It appears Andrew Vaughn is one of those guys. 

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I would put Dunning in the same category.

31 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2020/2/18/21142435/white-sox-prospect-andrew-vaughn-analytics

Thought this was interesting.

I have said before that there are a lot of players who have no desire to use analytics because their entire lives they've done this game on comfort, feel and reaction. It appears Andrew Vaughn is one of those guys. 

It may change as he gets more comfortable in the league or as he ages and loses a little.