White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

2 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

I just saw a picture on the White Sox instagram and eloy looks FAT AS HELL! I know he's no body builder but my god does he appear out of shape.  Anyone with knowledge of this, or heard/seen anything similar?

He is a little thick in the middle. Eat just the foods you really like, lay off the other bad foods and go for the lo-carb beer. It's your job to be healthy.

3 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

I just saw a picture on the White Sox instagram and eloy looks FAT AS HELL! I know he's no body builder but my god does he appear out of shape.  Anyone with knowledge of this, or heard/seen anything similar?

As a wise man once said, "lady, I ain't no athlete, I'm a baseball player." If he hits 40 HR no one will care. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jake Burger finally has some competition.  Wow.

Hopefully, he gets in shape quickly this spring.  He isn’t dispelling any notions that he’s a DH playing LF.

On the other hand, Abreu actually looks trimmed down quite a bit.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

11 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Machado is an asshat; he was an asshat in Baltimore; he was an asshat in LAD; he is an asshat in SD. 

His effort has been called into question multiple times in his career; although, those corresponded with losing teams and seasons, something the White Sox were not planning to have a lot of had they signed Machado. 

His attitude has always been self centered, and his actions have always been self fulfilling. This is nothing new; everyone knew this about Machado, which is why some were likely not interested. While many ballplayers have career years before FA, you could bet that Machado would be one before it even happened. Expecting Machado to return to that level of commitment and dedication after being signed was never a guarantee. 

Scary thought- if the Padres go down 3-1 in the NLCS is he going to pack it in there too? Whatever, not my problem

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Scary thought- if the Padres go down 3-1 in the NLCS is he going to pack it in there too? Whatever, not my problem

Fortunately, I don't think the Padres are getting to the NLCS anytime soon. Preller is running that organization into the ground

Anybody happen to see the post on Luis' insta of him and Micker together? Everybody already knows that Luis is built like an Under Armour mannequin but Micker is a freakin tank (he's a bit closer to the camera than Luis, but still). Hoping for a BIG breakout from both this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Anybody happen to see the post on Luis' insta of him and Micker together? Everybody already knows that Luis is built like an Under Armour mannequin but Micker is a freakin tank (he's a bit closer to the camera than Luis, but still). Hoping for a BIG breakout from both this season.

Micker just needs to stay healthy.  He’s shown real signs of progressing but has lost a ton of development time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You think that’s in good shape for a professional outfielder?[/]  I predict 40 bombs but a lot of errors.  He’s a DH and his body matches that.

Considering theres a good amount of guys who have faked playing the OF over the years who looked worse, yes he looks like someone who can play it.

edit: somehow bolded full thing typing on face (face palm).

Edited by soxfan2014