White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

21 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Sorry if I missed it, but did anybody discuss what the lineup would have been today had they played?

I like this by Renteria.  Throw Robert up top when the games don’t count and get him acclimated.  I like the idea of Robert and Moncada at 1-2.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I like this by Renteria.  Throw Robert up top when the games don’t count and get him acclimated.  I like the idea of Robert and Moncada at 1-2.

I'm fine with starting Robert lower to start the year, but Robert/Moncada at 1-2 is what I hope we see long-term. Put Madrigal in the 9 hole, and that could be explosive when the lineup turns over.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:16 AM, oldsox said:

If Grandal is hitting Lead Off, he won't be the on base machine that he was hitting in the bottom third of a National League lineup.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, poppysox said:

Very good point.

Not a very good point at all.

In 2019 he hit in the 1-4 spots in the line-up 104 games, the most coming in the #2 hole with 41 starts. He started only 7 games in the bottom third of a National League lineup.
In 2018 he started in 111 games, and spent 46 of those starts in the #3 and #4 spots. He spent 22 in the bottom third of a National League lineup.

The most starts in his career have come in the 4th and 5th spots in a lineup. I'm not sure why you would think his elite on-base skills are due to being pitched around to get to a pitcher or worst hitter in an NL lineup.

For what it's worth...This afternoon at lunch a guy at the next table notices my WS jacket an says "you guys are going to be really good this year."  Turns out he was from the Dominican Republic and has played minor league ball in the Toronto organization.   A real nice guy.   He knew many of our young guys  and was absolutely positive we were going to be thrilled with Mazara.  He wasn't very impressed with our signing Encarnatcion but overall he said how good our team would be.  His impression of how good Mazara would be for us was most interesting to me because he had first hand knowledge.  He said that not only is Mazara a good player but also...a really nice person.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We'll see if he pitches over 100 innings this year.  Rotation really needs a bit of a boost from an unexpected source. Maybe that's Gio early and Dunning or Kopech late.

Dont forget Rodon.😁