White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Call me crazy, but I tend to believe this guy and really think they lock him up to a Bregman-like deal before Opening Day.

Me too. Didn't he also say we were going to extend one of our relievers? I  could be wrong.

• Like 1

A core comprised of Anderson, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn and Madrigal could solidify the offense, for a good long run. I'm hoping that Mazara realizes his potential and is added to that core, with an extension. I wonder how willing Mr. Reinsdorf will be to lock up some of the starters. It would be risky, but having Giolito, Cease and Kopech around for the same time frame, could be interesting. I'm skeptical of the chances and a good argument can be made for not committing to arms, given their fragility. 

Edited by Lillian

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Can't wait to watch Engel, Mendick and Delmonico lead off the first televised game of 2020. (I know it's spring training but yuck)

I know its only Feb, and it is typical to ease guys in, but holy hell thats a bad look for the 1st televised game.  

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

I know its only Feb, and it is typical to ease guys in, but holy hell thats a bad look for the 1st televised game.  

I don't want to get to up in arms about it but that is a disgusting lineup. Even if those are the starters that you want to go with how does an MLB manager come up with that lineup. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

This is true.  Totally agree.  I'm just overly anxious to watch actual Sox baseball and to see the regulars in action.

I get it, and that's a fan mentality. Ricky needs to spread AB's out - give some guys more looks than others (like an Engel as he fights for that 4th OF spot) - and manage rest and etc for the starters. 

If I can think of one thing that means literally nothing in life, a spring training batting order might be at the top of my list.

• Like 1