Huge Blow for Indians: Clevinger Out

Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Big blow to the Cleveland #Indians: Ace Mike Clevinger was diagnosed with a partial tear of his left medial meniscus and will undergo arthroscopic surgery today. He will miss the start of the season.

Man, must have twisted his knee sprinting to his mistress’s house after the baby was born.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Meh, its likely going to be 7 weeks or so, so i would image back very early. Wouldn't say a huge blow IMO, but yeah, never a good thing.

He is going to miss all of ST. this is one of those things that can just destroy a season. Getting an 8 week late start, and never finding your comfort or strength until the season nears a close. This is a huge loss for the Indians. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He is going to miss all of ST. this is one of those things that can just destroy a season. Getting an 8 week late start, and never finding your comfort or strength until the season nears a close. This is a huge loss for the Indians. 

He will pitch for Cleveland before May. 

• Like 1

Denver Bronco quarterback Brian Griese was limping on a sprained left ankle Thursday, the result of being tripped by his dog on some stairs at his home Wednesday night.

Griese’s availability for Monday night’s game in Baltimore was uncertain.

He was listed as probable on the team’s injury report, but he said his ankle was sore and still somewhat swollen.

Coach Mike Shanahan said the injury was severe enough that X-rays were taken to be sure there was no fracture. Griese did not participate in Thursday’s practice, the first of two major workouts this week.

I was walking down the stairs and my dog came barreling down the stairs after me and clipped me, and I kind of twisted my ankle on the stairs,” Griese said.

On May 5, Griese tripped on a steep driveway at then-teammate Terrell Davis’ house and was knocked unconscious, bruising his face.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It wont be this long, I don't think. He can probably start throwing on about 2-3 weeks. He'll wont be behind more than 4 weeks at the most. Unless they do a repair then he'll miss the season. I doubt they to that though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It wont be this long, I don't think. He can probably start throwing on about 2-3 weeks. He'll wont be behind more than 4 weeks at the most. Unless they do a repair then he'll miss the season. I doubt they to that though.

They will snip it and he'll be back out there throwing in the middle of March I'd imagine.  This is hardly a "huge blow".  Maybe a loss of 1 projected WAR.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They will snip it and he'll be back out there throwing in the middle of March I'd imagine.  This is hardly a "huge blow".  Maybe a loss of 1 projected WAR.

That would be my guess. He could be like Rose and push for the repair of his tear is appropriate for that procedure. It is much better for the the long term function of his knee but most athletes don't push for it.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

In a division as tight as the Central, 1 WAR could easily be the difference between a playoff spot.