Cubs 2020

35thstreetswarm

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, Harry Chappas said:

Think they gotta start another rebuild.

Calling game yesterday hurt cub more than Marlins as Marlins bullpen was fresh.

While I am mad the Sox lost at least their arrow is pointing in the right direction.

Schwarber, Baez, Rizzo and Bryant - 1 hit amongst them

Theo will either step down tomorrow, or announce a transition plan to likely Jed Hoyer through next season.

I agree with his philosophy that he and Bill Walsh regarding the need for change every 10 years. Sad that isn't the case on 35th and Shield.

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Won’t happen because of optics......but if you had the payroll flexibility, Kris Bryant could fill a one year hole in RF while also filling in for the sometimes-injured Yoan Moncada at 3B and a very poor-fielding LF in Eloy. And you probably aren’t paying a lot of one year of Bryant with a 20-22 million dollar price tag attached to him for one year. I’d take my chances on Bryant during his walk year...

I think the cubs have to hope he turns it around.  

If it was a not top 5 piece I'd make that trade.

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think the cubs have to hope he turns it around.  

If it was a not top 5 piece I'd make that trade.

Cubs have to move him.  Its either this offseason or at the trading deadline, either way they can't let him finish the year with them just for a pick

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cubs have to move him.  Its either this offseason or at the trading deadline, either way they can't let him finish the year with them just for a pick

They need a positive turnaround and get something at the deadline or hope a GM is desperate and gravely overpays based on his recent performance.  If he does round back into form and is playing well and they are seeing the results similar to his MVP year then moving him at the deadline comes a larger white flag issue....same with the rest of their core

Edited by Harry Chappas

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The problem is his value has never been lower, and he is in his final arb year.

I know but still, he has to be moved. There is a sucker out there that will pay for his age and past performance 

31 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I know but still, he has to be moved. There is a sucker out there that will pay for his age and past performance 

I think he gets moved too, but it will be interesting to see where and how.  He's probably looking at something in the mid 20's in terms of a contract.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think he gets moved too, but it will be interesting to see where and how.  He's probably looking at something in the mid 20's in terms of a contract.

Where he goes, I will be very surprised if they are able to extend him before he hits the market.  Boras probably won't recommend it

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ehhhh I don’t think they are “contenders” next year. Right now Yu and Hendricks are the only guys locked into their rotation. They have an awful farm system and they simply can’t come back in 2021 with a core of Rizzo-Bryant-Baez-Contreras again. I think it’s time to gut the thing.

I think they are "contenders" in that they are probably the most talented team in that division and probably the leaders to make the playoffs out of the NL Central, but they are not a top tier team anymore.