Most Memorable Sox Game You've Attended?

KnightsOnMintSt

What is the most memorable Sox game that everyone here as been to? I'm 27 so I dont have as many years at the ballpark, but I've been to well over 100 Sox games. I've never seen the Sox play in the playoffs, but there are two games that stick out for me.

1. Nicky Delmonico walk-off vs. the Angels. My friends and I had seats behind the Sox dugout and it was an incredible view for the home run.

2. I believe it was 2009. Sox-Rays. This was the A.J. Pierzynski "chicken-wing" game. From what I remember he stuck his elbow out and made contact with the Rays SS. The umps deemed this interference, and A.J. was ruled safe. I believe the Sox went on to win the game on a walk-off single.

2006 night game vs the Yankees. I was 12. With a friend and my dad. My friend and I got up to go get some hot dogs and Arod hit a homerun just a few seats next to where ours were, while we were getting hot dogs. We were so pissed lol.

Konerko hit a game-tying solo shot in the 9th and I believe the Sox won in the 10th or 11th off a Jermaine Dye hit. I think Iguchi scored the winning run.

Will never forget that one. That was a fun train ride back home.

White Sox vs Red Sox marathon game where we tied it with a run in the 9th...tied it again with 2 in the 11th...and won it in the 19th inning.

The most memorable thing about that game is that I was there with a huge Red Sox fan who was supposed to meet his family at a block party afterwards.  His daughter had asked him when he would be there and he actually told her he didn't know because the great thing about baseball is that it never ends in a tie and it will keep going until someone wins....and he stayed the whole game 😁

I just found it on BR.  

august 5th 2000

hurt smashes a walkoff double to left center and Valentin scores from first.  Place went crazy.  I was 15 and my neighbor had tickets like 20 rows behind home plate.  Anybody else remember that game?

how do you find old video or newspaper articles?

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Like 1

None lol

Been a fan since 1994 when I moved to the US. But live in Tampa. I've gone once a year and we've lost every game but one. 

5 years or so ago I flew to Chicago for the first time and timed it for a Sox vs Cubs game at home. Sale was supposed to pitch. Due to some rained out games Axelrod started instead. We were losing 8-0 by the 3rd and I was freezing. 

This year I'm flying to Chicago in July. Going to see Sox at Wrigley. I really hope this ends up being a memorable game. 

It's in my signature. Clinching game in Anaheim to win the pennant in 05.

I put that signature before the game and as you can see I was very confident that it would be the clinching game.

After losing game 1  Game 2 was the AJ controversial call. 2 outs in the 9th AJ reaches on the infamous play. Ozuna pinch runs and steals 2nd and Crede, down 0-2 in the count, ropes one into the LF corner for the walk off series tying hit. Who knows what the out come of that series becomes if the Sox were down 0-2.

In game 5 Crede hits the game tying HR in the 7th. Then with 2 outs in the 8th on a 2 out, 3-2 pitch ,Crede hits a grounder behind 2nd base and Rowand scores from 2nd . Contreras goes the distance for the Sox 4th straight complete game.

Best rally Crede's ever !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

Yeah I haven’t been to many classics, but went to a great Red Sox v White Sox game where Pedro went head to head vs Frank Thomas in an epic 11 pitch at bat with the bases loaded. Pedro Kd him on a disgusting pitch.

Crede then hit a 3 run HR a few innings later and we won.

for pure HOF fire power, I’ll never forget that.

Also saw a great game vs Indians where Sox were up like 8-0, Indians tied it, then Jose Valentin walked them off. 

A game against the Twins in 2003 the day the Sox acquired Robbie Alomar. Paul Konerko busted out of his season long slump with a game tying HR I believe in the late innings when we all thought this game was lost (because PK was hopeless). 

So he hits that HR and the place goes into a frenzy. So awesome. But it got even better. 

Later in the game, Big Frank was up and he just missed one, from my view it was barely foul. The place went nuts when he hit it, just to have it turn into a long foul ball. I don't remember how many pitches later it was, but he did it again, and we all exploded again not caring if the stupid umps would call it foul. It was fair that time!! What a great time. 

Also Opening Day 2005 was pretty sweet, especially in hindsight.