Most Memorable Sox Game You've Attended?

KnightsOnMintSt

It was a random game against the Indians, probably 1998 or so. I was 12 and went to the game with my dad who was able to get some pretty good seats along the first base dugout. There were some drunk guys behind us doing Harry Carey impersonations and I was laughing my ass off the whole game. I don't remember the game itself but it was a good bonding experience with my pops. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

It was a random game against the Indians, probably 1998 or so. I was 12 and went to the game with my dad who was able to get some pretty good seats along the first base dugout. There were some drunk guys behind us doing Harry Carey impersonations and I was laughing my ass off the whole game. I don't remember the game itself but it was a good bonding experience with my pops. 

love this.

@southsider2k5 was nice enough to invite me to a game last year where I brought my son. Twins blew us out with 15 homers, I can't even remember who started (Covey? Despaigne?) but had an absolute blast with my son. Don't get to watch as much of the game, but watching him fall in love with baseball is worth it.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So many Crede moments in here; it really pushes home the fact that Joe Crede is one of the 5-10 greatest clutch players in MLB history. 

His numbers in clutch moments are so much better than his numbers regularly. 

Crede's career slash line: 254/304/444 (748)

Crede bases Empty OPS: 716

Crede with runners on: 788

Crede with bases loaded: 902

Crede wRC+ in low leverage: 84

Crede wRC+ in medium leverage: 88

Crede wRC+ in high leverage: 139!

Crede career postseason OPS: 949!

Clutch isn't just about how you perform in big moments; it's how those moments compare to your regular play. Derek Jeter was considered clutch because he was the same player in the post-season as the regular season; same for Ortiz. Joe Crede has every single clutch metric alive stating he was a VERY GOOD hitter in big moments, and a below average hitter in non-big moments. Joe was amazing.

In the 2005 ALCS Crede should 've won  MVP but Konerko got it instead.

Game 2 of 1959 World Series.  It started off with singer Tony Martin botching the National Anthem.  Before the game there was controversy over where Dodger wives would sit, because Sox fans harassed them so much in Game 1.  Wally Moon made great decoy play in left to cut down Sherm Lollar at plate.  Earlier, Al Smith got the "Beer Bath" in left.  Sox lost something like 4-2. MVP Larry Sherry got his first save.

• Thanks 1

Buehrles next game after his perfecto in Minnesota. He started the game with 5 2/3 perfect innings. Really thought he was gonna go back-to-back for a little bit. Also was at the game he hit a homer in Milwaukee (2009 I think?). That was pretty cool.

The blackout game in 2008 was awesome, I also remember the game before being electric. Was a makeup game with detroit we had to win to force 163. Alexei hit a slam.

Also obligatory, game 2 of the world series. Sat 5 rows behind PK's slam.

20 hours ago, Spicygar said:

Game 2 alds 05. When iguchi hit the three run bomb to take the lead I never felt a stadium shake like that. Slightly terrifying.

You have the same game and for the same reason.  After winning the 1st game we were trailing in game 2 when Iguchi hit that bomb set up by the Tony Graffanino error.  Never...never...never have I felt the stadium shake like it did.  It was just like experiencing an earthquake.   The countless high fives from strangers was something else.  Everyone leaving that stadium was convinced...This is the year.  Good times!

9 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Game 2 of the World Series is #1 for me.

The Blackout game is #2 for me.

The World Series game felt surreal; I was in college at the time, and I traveled home for the game. I feel like I didn't appreciate it as much because I spent much of the post-season fearful of a collapse. I'd love to get back and appreciate it a bit more than I may have at that ime. 

You are lucky man, I can home from college for game 1 but watched game 2 on TV.  As cool as it was being at the first White Sox World Series game in nearly 50 years, there is no question game 2 is the greatest game in franchise history.

Game 2 of the World Series has to be #1.

#2 is a game against Milwaukee in Milwaukee had to be 1988 or 89. Both Jack McDowell and Teddy Higuera pitch 9 innings of shutout ball. I can't remember who got the hit in the 10th but Boston pinch ran, stole 2nd got to third on a bad throw by the catcher. Boston scored on a hit by Greg Walker for the Sox to take the lead and eventually win.

15 hours ago, venom4789 said:

Game 2 alds agaisnt the redsox. Got a call from a friend saying if i could get to his house before they leave they had an extra ticket for me. iguchi with the big homerun and i nearly knocked my friends girlfriend over while celebrating 

14 hours ago, poppysox said:

You have the same game and for the same reason.  After winning the 1st game we were trailing in game 2 when Iguchi hit that bomb set up by the Tony Graffanino error.  Never...never...never have I felt the stadium shake like it did.  It was just like experiencing an earthquake.   The countless high fives from strangers was something else.  Everyone leaving that stadium was convinced...This is the year.  Good times!

I remember this little older lady standing next to me literally jumping into my arms after Iguchi’s homer.  I was jumping up and down with the rest of the crowd cradling her like a baby.  Leaving the stadium that night was definitely the first “oh my god, this could really happen” moment for me.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, turnin' two said:

1) World Series, Game 2.  Nothing close.

2) Sox- Rangers, Ventura hits a walk off Slam off of Goose Gossage.

3) Andy Hawkins, Yankee pitcher, no hits the Sox (doesn't get credit because he only threw 8 IP) and loses the game.  

4)Konerko 2 HR game against the Cubs, Sox stage a huge comeback for a win.

You've been to some great ones!!

• Thanks 1

These are chronological. 

1. July 1982. Jerry Hairston hits a pinch hit, 2 out, 2 run homer off Dan Petry of the Tigers in the bottom of the 9th to win it 3-2. 

2. September 1983. Two days before they clinched division. It rained all day, and continued all evening.  No way this game should have been played, and no idea why they did. But after a two hour delay they took the tarp off even though it was still raining. The White Sox scored 11 runs in the 6th inning, highlighted by a Baines grand slam, and won 12-0. Game was called after Seattle hit in the top of the 7th. My good friend's Dad took me, him, and his 3 younger brothers, ( one of whom became my brother in law,) even though his dad wasn't really a baseball fan, it never stopped raining, and it was a work night for him. Never forget that. 

3. June of 2005. White Sox score 10 in the 6th to wipe out a 6-2 Arizona lead and win 12-6. Thomas, Uribe and Konerko all homer in the inning. 

4. July 3, 2019 Last year. Took my 3 nephews, ( sons of my brother in law mentioned above,) and one of my nephews's girl friend. DH against Detroit where Cease made his major league debut by winning opener and in second game,  White Sox get 3 in 7th to wipe out 5-2 Tiger lead, Moncada's second homer of the game re-ties it in the bottom of the 10th after Tigers scored in top half, and then Abreu's 3 run homer wins it in the 12th.  

Guess I should also say I saw Jack Morris no hit us in 1984, but why focus on the negative. 

9 June 2008.

It was a Monday and a makeup game against the Twins. It was the 4th game in a 4 game series, originally a 3-game series. Anyway, I had just turned 18 two days before, and it was my first time going to a Sox game in Chicago by myself (Took Amtrak from Toledo earlier that morning, and left that evening). Nick Swisher hit a home run from both sides of the plate and the Sox won and swept the Twins.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200806090.shtml

Edited by nickofypres