July 2nd Latest from Futuresox & our James

bmags

http://futuresox.com/2020/02/18/the-white-sox-are-eyeing-cuban-prospects-in-international-marketplace/

One - incredible work James.

Two - I know some here will prefer Colas, but I'm just so happy to see this multi-front aggression for talented players. All these guys have real potential, some have even ability to be a piece sooner than later. It's such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. There was a lot of news last week. I felt the need to sum it up. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing. The Colas situation is so strange at this point too. Nobody really knows. I put this thread on the main page if anyone wants to combine. Thanks for reading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Thanks guys. There was a lot of news last week. I felt the need to sum it up. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing. The Colas situation is so strange at this point too. Nobody really knows. I put this thread on the main page if anyone wants to combine. Thanks for reading. 

Merged these topics, but left a link so everything won't get split up.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

From the link, "Until he returns with the permission of the commissioner, he will not be able to play in the United States as well as other domestic teams."

Japanese team could let him out of his deal. They could also post him. The problem is, the posting date has passed. They could post him again in December. At that point, a tean would have to have enough international bonus pool space to sign him or wait until July 2nd 2021. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

SOoooo what does this mean.

Sounds like SoftBank is exercising whatever rights it has to either keep him on their team, or, at the very least, negotiate some sort of compensation for his release. It's difficult to tell how much leverage they have with respect to the former, since it seems that Colas is currently physically missing and has probably fled the country, but my guess is that this is more of a message to MLB teams saying, "hey, this guy is under contract with us, and we are asking that you respect that, as opposed to simply signing this guy as if we don't even exist."

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

How would they allocate the "posting fee deal" to JPN in terms of the full cost?   That wouldn't be considered part of the team's yearly limit?    So the White Sox could give SoftBank $15-25 million, theoretically?

The player is getting like less than $5 million. These rules are all changed so I'm not really sure. 

45 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The player is getting like less than $5 million. These rules are all changed so I'm not really sure. 

I thought for Ohtani the posting fee had to come out of the salary. 

Edit: I should say that I mean the posting fee was included in the agreement as counting toward the cap.

So Longenhagen ain't that high on Colas. From today's chat.

Matt

12:05

Where would oscar colas rate by fv from what you’ve heard/seen? And any rumors on who lead(s)?

Eric A Longenhagen

12:06

35, he'll be on the list of whoever signs him in the honorable mentions. Had a director comp him to a lot of the DH-only type 4A guys

Edited by DirtySox

More.

mal tiempo

12:38

oscar colas isnt on the july 2 list— is there any real report on him?

Eric A Longenhagen

12:39

I'd much rather have the 40 FV types I haven't ranked yet (Bies, Chourio, Guzman, Lizarraga) than Colas

Edited by DirtySox