July 2nd Latest from Futuresox & our James

bmags

1 hour ago, turnin' two said:

14o million gives you a lot of opportunities to be generous.

Also in Latino communities (and generally poor countries like many African countries too) it is much more common to support your family when you get rich than in white American communities, often it even is expected. 

20 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Also in Latino communities (and generally poor countries like many African countries too) it is much more common to support your family when you get rich than in white American communities, often it even is expected. 

??

31 minutes ago, oldsox said:

??

I should have said white western communities probably not just white American. 

I think in African American communities it is also quite common to support even your larger family (like aunts, cousins...) if you make a furtune while white people who get rich only tend to give their core family (kids, parents, brothers and sisters) something. 

Not sure if that is true though but I read some articles about NBA players supporting their families and even the neighborhoods they come from. 

I have a work colleague from Cameroon and he said that he knows a soccer player from where he is from and he is essentially expected to support his whole former village he grew up in 

Edited by Dominikk85

So if the current International Signing Period ends tomorrow, does that mean on October 16th we can start hearing big names announced for teams again? Is this when we should expect to hear who the Sox have signed or are "heavily favored" to sign? 

EDIT: Looked it up. There is a 3 month freeze essentially from Oct. 15th until Jan. 15th when the next signing period begins. Carry on.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

11 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

So if the current International Signing Period ends tomorrow, does that mean on October 16th we can start hearing big names announced for teams again? Is this when we should expect to hear who the Sox have signed or are "heavily favored" to sign? 

EDIT: Looked it up. There is a 3 month freeze essentially from Oct. 15th until Jan. 15th when the next signing period begins. Carry on.

We already have all of the names for the period that begins in January. It was supposed to start in July. Just waiting on Cespedes and Colas 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

We already have all of the names for the period that begins in January. It was supposed to start in July. Just waiting on Cespedes and Colas 

So Quezada that Baseball America has us targeting is he  part of the group of names we already have for the period beginning in January? Or is he new In addition to those names?

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I love these projectable bodies sox have gone after for pitchers last few years.

Oh yeah. I’m a big fan of righty Cristian Mena from last years group and Adrian Gil is similar in this class. The Sox think Norge Vera will be a fast mover, I’m just not sure how quickly he gets to the states 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think it does. It means they won't get this Pino kid. 

Any sense of how many teams have slot room for a $1M+ addition at this point?  I know no one has technically, but I’d assume most money is more or less accounted for.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Any sense of how many teams have slot room for a $1M+ addition at this point?  I know no one has technically, but I’d assume most money is more or less accounted for.

Not many. I'm real curious about this for Cespedes. Enrique Rojas says A's and Tampa are front runners for Pino with $1 million plus. Let's say the Sox sign sign Colas for like $2.2 million. Where the hell does Cespedes go? 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Not many. I'm real curious about this for Cespedes. Enrique Rojas says A's and Tampa are front runners for Pino with $1 million plus. Let's say the Sox sign sign Colas for like $2.2 million. Where the hell does Cespedes go? 

It will be really interesting to see how this all shakes out as the last one to sign could get squeezed pretty badly or forced to wait until the next period which obviously isn’t ideal of them.

Thanks for the information as always.

• 3 weeks later...