Andrew Vaughn

KnightsOnMintSt

6 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Man I’d love to see that in some other-worldly numbers.  What’s your guess?

.350/.475/.625

If Vaughn put up those numbers in AA, he'd be putting up a wRC+ north of 220. Robert had a wRC+ at AA of 155 with a 362/518. If Vaughn put up 475/625, that would be unreal and he wouldn't be long for the minor leagues as that would be historically good at that level.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Vaughn put up those numbers in AA, he'd be putting up a wRC+ north of 220. Robert had a wRC+ at AA of 155 with a 362/518. If Vaughn put up 475/625, that would be unreal and he wouldn't be long for the minor leagues as that would be historically good at that level.

If hes doing that hes going to be promoted straight from AA!

On February 23, 2020 at 12:14 PM, zisk said:

And just as athletic.

How about Harmon Killebrew then? Practically the same build, Killebrew hit 45 homeruns with regularity in the most dominant pitching era since deadball. Vaughn is bigger than Hank Aaron or Willie Mays. So same size or bigger than three of the top 10 homerun hitters of all time, and those guys played when hitting bombs actually meant something. Similar in size to Muncy who just had back to back 35 HR seasons playing in arguably the best pitcher's park in baseball. Honestly don't know how his power projects but I don't think being six foot even is going to stop him.

15 minutes ago, PantsRowland said:

How about Harmon Killebrew then? Practically the same build, Killebrew hit 45 homeruns with regularity in the most dominant pitching era since deadball. Vaughn is bigger than Hank Aaron or Willie Mays. So same size or bigger than three of the top 10 homerun hitters of all time, and those guys played when hitting bombs actually meant something. Similar in size to Muncy who just had back to back 35 HR seasons playing in arguably the best pitcher's park in baseball. Honestly don't know how his power projects but I don't think being six foot even is going to stop him.

If he hits like HK, I'll be really happy.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

That's an older Killebrew with what appears to be beefier shoulders, but damn if they don't otherwise look similar.

And check how the catcher has his bare hand exposed to the pitch in the Killebrew shot. Don't see that anymore.

Edited by PantsRowland

I think vaughn has a bit less power than killebrew but could be a better hitter.

Killebrew is just a career 256 hitter (i.e 50 grade bat) while fangraphs has rated vaughn as a 65 grade bat (.290).

Killebrew had several mid 40s homer seasons and I expect vaughn to be more a low to mid 30s guy maybe with a 40 as an exception.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 4:24 AM, Dominikk85 said:

I think vaughn has a bit less power than killebrew but could be a better hitter.

Killebrew is just a career 256 hitter (i.e 50 grade bat) while fangraphs has rated vaughn as a 65 grade bat (.290).

Killebrew had several mid 40s homer seasons and I expect vaughn to be more a low to mid 30s guy maybe with a 40 as an exception.

I agree with your take on this. I think they will end up having similar results career wise for OPS. They'll just have different abilities doing it.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:57 AM, PantsRowland said:

I think everyone is getting overly obsessed on “size”. That only plays a part in a hitter’s overall power, you have to take into consideration that power comes from how much quick twitch muscle mass they possess. There’s no way to measure this but is really the important factor.