Sox in Discussions for Moncada Extension per Y2Jimmy

bmags

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jerry also did not forget how to conduct business overnight. 

Jerry is one of the leagues most powerful owners. He's pretty in tune with CBA negotiations and it's likely the arb process is going to change. 

Not only do these all look like, at the least, solid deals under the current CBA; they look even better if the CBA changes.

Would it make JoshPR feel better if I said this is a dick move and Jerry would be taking advantage of his guys if he knew this while negotiating the current contracts? Because if Jerry has inside knowledge of arb change, then it's a bit dickish to negotiate all these extensions.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Would it make JoshPR feel better if I said this is a dick move and Jerry would be taking advantage of his guys if he knew this while negotiating the current contracts? Because if Jerry has inside knowledge of arb change, then it's a bit dickish to negotiate all these extensions.

Dude get off your high horse. I said I was kidding. The thing is I agree with your points. But you always get defensive when someone asks you that

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This also allows them to go more high school centric in the draft; if the reports of that being an avenue of focus for them are true. 

Yes it does.  And honestly, it seems like they have already started down that path with the last two drafts.  I don’t think it will be this year (as I think they take a college arm), but I fully expect a prep positional prospect in 1st in the not too distant future.

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you assume he agrees to a six year extension, here is how long our positional core would be controlled for:

• Abreu = 2022
  • Grandal = 2023
  • Anderson = 2024
  • Moncada = 2025
  • Jimenez = 2026
  • Madrigal = 2026
  • Robert = 2027
  • Vaughn = 2027

That would be absolute insanity.

This one hurts. I'm not convinced that Abreu would be any better than Yermin this year

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Y'all acting like you didn't see the 500 foot bomb Yermin hit today. All the dude does is hit. He had ridiculous power, obviously. People really underrate the guy. 

Well maybe if you didn't have a history of saying ridiculous things about Abreu, people would take you as more than a joke.

And I'm a Yermin fan, but it was one AB.  In spring training.  Abreu has 4K PA of a .860 OPS.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rooftop Shots said:

my bad   didn't see topic  was already started  before I posted this

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think it will be this year (as I think they take a college arm), but I fully expect a prep positional prospect in 1st in the not too distant future.

I actually think they'll go prep personally (I hope they do). 

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I actually think they'll go prep personally (I hope they do). 

I think they will prioritize one more “core” piece with their 1st next year and starting pitching  is probably our biggest need.  Also, it sounds like that is where the depth is where we’ll be picking.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This is exactly how you would avoid the Cubs fiasco they have going on right now with their core. 

The Cubs situation was different. Their stars became stars in the year they went to the NLCS. At that point you can't do this strategy. Bryant and Baez were not getting extended that early. Rizzo did get his, and no one else was worthy.