Sox in Discussions for Moncada Extension per Y2Jimmy

bmags

36 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How can anyone not like Tim Anderson?

"Too loyal" has been viewed as a negative by many here in the past. Maybe some will rethink the "too loyal" and start to appreciate it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

"Too loyal" has been viewed as a negative by many here in the past. Maybe some will rethink the "too loyal" and start to appreciate it.

There's a fine line between loyalty and accountability. 

My opinion is that JR is too loyal to his front office and not loyal enough to his players. This goes for both of his franchises. If anything, good owners operate in the opposite way. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's a fine line between loyalty and accountability. 

My opinion is that JR is too loyal to his front office and not loyal enough to his players. This goes for both of his franchises. If anything, good owners operate in the opposite way. 

In what ways is Jerry not loyal to his players, just out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In what ways is Jerry not loyal to his players, just out of curiosity?

The largest contract handed out in team history is worth $73M. That's all you need to know. He's only loyal to his players, so much as they sign for his price and terms. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's really not "all I need to know."

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. Takes advantage of his players cheap years and lets someone else pay them what they've earned. That's not loyalty. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. 

I must have missed the Sox losing all these stars because of their ownerships cheapness. Magglio post injury? Carlos Lee - were there a lot of Sox fans up and arms about moving on from C-Lee?

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. Takes advantage of his players cheap years and lets someone else pay them what they've earned. That's not loyalty. 

Who has he let walk who would have worth more than that?

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I must have missed the Sox losing all these stars because of their ownerships cheapness. Magglio post injury? Carlos Lee - were there a lot of Sox fans up and arms about moving on from C-Lee?

Robin Ventura? He still had some good years left when they traded him. 

Maggs is another one. 

Granted, McDowell and Fernandez broke down after they let them go. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Robin Ventura? He still had many good years left when they traded him. 

Maggs is another one. 

Granted, McDowell and Fernandez broke down after they let them go. 

The Sox resigned Ventura and had him for 10 years. I'm not sure how long you expect an owner to sign a player for; until the player is ready to leave?

Magglio was coming off a potentially career ending injury - Detroit gambled on him and got 1 + season out of the deal.

Just now, mqr said:

And the White Sox immediately won the World Series when he left. 

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

Jack, there is this thing called scaling wages. As the team sits now, this roster could/may/likely will cost about 160 million in 3 years with no additions. The Sox are not going to burn budgets just to sign a guy like Puig for no reason at all. 

The Sox are also reportedly negotiating extensions with their best young player after already locking up a majority of their other best young position players. The way your brain seems to work is every single negative report = the gospel. Every single positive report you ignore and focus solely on the one report you read that reaffirmed your preconceived beliefs and negative views. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Who said that??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That has never been rumored. Hahn has even said there will be room to add at the deadline. The rumor was they were maxed out for this off season. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There have been rumblings on twitter that the Sox are already tapped out payroll wise. 

Now.  Not for a few years.   And they already turned around and extended Bummer after that was said

44 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That seems to be much more of a problem with the Bulls than the Sox.