Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Sox in Discussions for Moncada Extension per Y2Jimmy

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How can anyone not like Tim Anderson?

"Too loyal" has been viewed as a negative by many here in the past. Maybe some will rethink the "too loyal" and start to appreciate it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

"Too loyal" has been viewed as a negative by many here in the past. Maybe some will rethink the "too loyal" and start to appreciate it.

There's a fine line between loyalty and accountability. 

My opinion is that JR is too loyal to his front office and not loyal enough to his players. This goes for both of his franchises. If anything, good owners operate in the opposite way. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's a fine line between loyalty and accountability. 

My opinion is that JR is too loyal to his front office and not loyal enough to his players. This goes for both of his franchises. If anything, good owners operate in the opposite way. 

In what ways is Jerry not loyal to his players, just out of curiosity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In what ways is Jerry not loyal to his players, just out of curiosity?

The largest contract handed out in team history is worth $73M. That's all you need to know. He's only loyal to his players, so much as they sign for his price and terms. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's really not "all I need to know."

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. Takes advantage of his players cheap years and lets someone else pay them what they've earned. That's not loyalty. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. 

I must have missed the Sox losing all these stars because of their ownerships cheapness. Magglio post injury? Carlos Lee - were there a lot of Sox fans up and arms about moving on from C-Lee?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok what more do you need to know? He's not willing to pay his players what they're worth. He either expects a hometown discount or waves bye-bye. Takes advantage of his players cheap years and lets someone else pay them what they've earned. That's not loyalty. 

Who has he let walk who would have worth more than that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I must have missed the Sox losing all these stars because of their ownerships cheapness. Magglio post injury? Carlos Lee - were there a lot of Sox fans up and arms about moving on from C-Lee?

 

Robin Ventura? He still had some good years left when they traded him. 

Maggs is another one. 

Granted, McDowell and Fernandez broke down after they let them go. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Robin Ventura? He still had many good years left when they traded him. 

Maggs is another one. 

Granted, McDowell and Fernandez broke down after they let them go. 

The Sox resigned Ventura and had him for 10 years. I'm not sure how long you expect an owner to sign a player for; until the player is ready to leave?

Magglio was coming off a potentially career ending injury - Detroit gambled on him and got 1 + season out of the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Maggs is another one. 

A 31 y/o whose knee had just exploded.

Seemed to work out pretty well if I recall correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mqr said:

A 31 y/o whose knee had just exploded.

Seemed to work out pretty well if I recall correctly

Maggs had 3 good years with the Tigers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Maggs had 3 good years with the Tigers. 

And the White Sox immediately won the World Series when he left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mqr said:

And the White Sox immediately won the World Series when he left. 

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

Jack, there is this thing called scaling wages. As the team sits now, this roster could/may/likely will cost about 160 million in 3 years with no additions. The Sox are not going to burn budgets just to sign a guy like Puig for no reason at all. 

The Sox are also reportedly negotiating extensions with their best young player after already locking up a majority of their other best young position players. The way your brain seems to work is every single negative report = the gospel. Every single positive report you ignore and focus solely on the one report you read that reaffirmed your preconceived beliefs and negative views. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

Who said that??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Who said that??

There have been rumblings on twitter that the Sox are already tapped out payroll wise. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

True. I won't argue that letting these guys go was a good move, but.....the game has changed and it is yet to be seen if JR is willing to adjust. Hearing rumors that they've spent all they can already and this is the team for the next few years is a bit disheartening. 

That has never been rumored. Hahn has even said there will be room to add at the deadline. The rumor was they were maxed out for this off season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There have been rumblings on twitter that the Sox are already tapped out payroll wise. 

Now.  Not for a few years.   And they already turned around and extended Bummer after that was said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Robin Ventura wasn't traded, he walked and signed with the Mets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

source.gif

The vane goes from W to E, meaning Moncada is not gonna sign an extension and is in fact going to spurn the White Sox and return to the Red Sox, ruining the entire rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ptatc said:

"Too loyal" has been viewed as a negative by many here in the past. Maybe some will rethink the "too loyal" and start to appreciate it.

That seems to be much more of a problem with the Bulls than the Sox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×