Giants @ Sox (SS) | 2:05 PM CT | Whitesox.com

Tnetennba

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

as noted, I'm all for playing hard.  In games that count.

I get it.  I am someone who believes you cannot teach effort.  Because of that I don't think you can "unteach" effort in a way.  I still play sports and I just naturally play balls to the wall.  I just don't think it's in some peoples blood no matter the stage (ST or world series).  But yes, I am with you, let's not get hurt in ST.

29 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

as noted, I'm all for playing hard.  In games that count.

I get your point, and he should STOP SLIDING HEAD FIRST PERIOD (this makes me crazy), but you're not going to take that competitiveness out of him right now. He's going to bust it right now as a young guy. He hit that and his brain just yelled triple. The sliding thing needs to stop though, for everyone. It won't happen though. Jammed wrists, thumbs... had my hands stomped on by a metal spike. Nothing good comes of it.

And replay makes sliding feet first even harder when coming in at full speed because they'll call you out if you pop off for .01 seconds. Really dumb of baseball.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I get your point, and he should STOP SLIDING HEAD FIRST PERIOD (this makes me crazy), but you're not going to take that competitiveness out of him right now. He's going to bust it right now as a young guy. He hit that and his brain just yelled triple. The sliding thing needs to stop though, for everyone. It won't happen though. Jammed wrists, thumbs... had my hands stomped on by a metal spike. Nothing good comes of it.

And replay makes sliding feet first even harder when coming in at full speed because they'll call you out if you pop off for .01 seconds. Really dumb of baseball.

I agree and here's how you solve it: 1K fine into the kangeroo court for anybody that slides head first in spring games.  At the end of spring if Robert has to buy 10K in drinks and steaks at the finest steakhouse in Scottsdale I think he'll reconsider his slides.