Sox @ Royals | 2:05 PM CT | KTXR 1660

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Engel hits like Mike Trout every Spring Training and then forgets how to hit during the regular season. It’s so weird.

I'm trying to figure out who is the better spring training hitter between him and Matt Davidson. 

10 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Madrigal dropped a single to right leading off the inning. He then draws an errant pickoff throw which moves him to second.

The next batter hits a grounder to second, taking Madrigal to third.

Instead of it being a double play ball and there being two outs for the Basabe single, he manufacturers a run.

We will be seeing a lot of this type of intangible value for years to come soon... and I can’t wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Engel hits like Mike Trout every Spring Training and then forgets how to hit during the regular season. It’s so weird.

Engel is Mike Trout. Mike calls him mini-me.

38 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Madrigal dropped a single to right leading off the inning. He then draws an errant pickoff throw which moves him to second.

Instead of it being a double play ball and there being two outs for the Basabe single, he manufacturers a run.

We will be seeing a lot of this type of intangible value for years to come soon... and I can’t wait.

He still has a few check marks to hit, before he can come up 2 weeks into the season

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Seems odd the Sox would broadcast so few spring trading games. How many poker tournaments and betting shows can one watch on the flagship? If you as an organization are excited about the product, show it off. Producing these games is relatively inexpensive.

It has a lot to do with the broadcasters themselves. Doing tv and radio for bennetti who knows about stone

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

You don't see enough teams employing the errant pickoff throw offense.  This just might work.  

14 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I mean, I don't like this lineup but they have put up 6 runs

It is a very common theme the last few years. Teams prefer to play the 2nd string for travel games. Very common in Florida. The 4 hour bus ride is considered non-productive except for a veteran who needs live pitching.