MLB Pipeline 2020 Sox Top 30

Tnetennba

54 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

It's such a weird take for me. When does the age stop?  There are lots of good MLB players that came in to the game 26+

25 or 26 depending on the position and injuries. Dunning is 25 and probably won't make his MLB debut until next season at 26. He still counts because he missed a lot of time with his elbow injury and there is no long term concern left. I have no issues with Dunning being considered a prospect at 26, as long as he's about ready to reach MLB. 

Position players become non-prospects at age 26 for me with the sole exception of catchers. Catchers can still be prospects at age 25-26 but other everyday players I usually consider non-prospects if they're not in AAA by age 24. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

18 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

25 or 26 depending on the position and injuries. Dunning is 25 and probably won't make his MLB debut until next season at 26. He still counts because he missed a lot of time with his elbow injury and there is no long term concern left. I have no issues with Dunning being considered a prospect at 26, as long as he's about ready to reach MLB. 

Position players become non-prospects at age 26 for me with the sole exception of catchers. Catchers can still be prospects at age 25-26 but other everyday players I usually consider non-prospects if they're not in AAA by age 24. 

Seems very arbitrary, but okay.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Whether you include guys like Robert, Kopech, Madrigal, Collins or exclude them...This farm system still looks loaded to me, especially on 7/2 with these picks and IFAs

White IFAs are you referring to?  Nothing concrete yet with Cespedes and until that happens the rest of the class isn’t going to move the needle.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

White IFAs are you referring to?  Nothing concrete yet with official and until that happens the rest of the class isn’t going to move the needle.

Vera is all but confirmed

I'm extremely optimistic on BOTH Cespedes now and Colas later...along with the other handful of projected signings

On 2/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Players are prospects until they have 50 IP or 130 AB in the big leagues. 

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Whether you include guys like Robert, Kopech, Madrigal, Collins or exclude them...This farm system still looks loaded to me, especially on 7/2 with these picks and IFAs

Those guys are all included because they're all prospects. 

1 hour ago, beautox said:

Same, If Colas is signed i'd slot him in ahead of Stiever.

Colas probably is going to sign with the Sox, but not until the 2021 J2 period. 

If the Sox get Cespedes, where would you guys slot him in? 

9 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

1. Robert

2. Vaughn

3. Kopech

4. Madrigal

5. Kelley

6. Crochet

7. Dunning

8. Stiever

9. Thompson

10. Dalquist

I drip at the sight of all that SP.

I'd swap Kelley and Crochet, but I'm higher on Crochet than most. Most lists will have it this way. 

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

1. Robert

2. Vaughn

3. Kopech

4. Crochet

5. Madrigal

👀 Cespedes

6. Kelley

👀 Colas

7. Dunning

8. Stiever

9. Collins

10. Thompson

Adding some "if all goes right" names

I would go like this:

1. Luis Robert 

2. Michael Kopech

3. Andrew Vaughn

4. NIck Madrigal

5. Jared Kelley

6. Garrett Crochet

7. Dane Dunning

8. Jonathan Stiever

9. Matthew Thompson

10. Andrew Dalquist 

11. Norge Vera

I'd slot Cespedes in at 5 if they get him. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would go like this:

1. Luis Robert 

2. Michael Kopech

3. Andrew Vaughn

4. NIck Madrigal

5. Jared Kelley

6. Garrett Crochet

7. Dane Dunning

8. Jonathan Stiever

9. Matthew Thompson

10. Andrew Dalquist 

11. Norge Vera

Is Vera really that good or is it more the unknown prospect status puts him there.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Is Vera really that good or is it more the unknown prospect status puts him there.

He's good. He's the best pitcher in the international class. He slots in favorably with Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist. Those guys are a bit of a troika. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He's good. He's the best pitcher in the international class. He slots in favorably with Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist. Those guys are a bit of a troika. 

Excellent. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would go like this:

1. Luis Robert 

2. Michael Kopech

3. Andrew Vaughn

4. NIck Madrigal

5. Jared Kelley

6. Garrett Crochet

7. Dane Dunning

8. Jonathan Stiever

9. Matthew Thompson

10. Andrew Dalquist 

11. Norge Vera

My thought process for Crochet is that hard throwing lefty with a wipeout slider has a decent floor (bullpen) with the Sox, whereas while I'm high on Madrigal, it's a profile so unique that I just need to see against MLB pitching.

Crochet will be below Madrigal on the Top 100, but I just feel like the Sox are the perfect home for him. 

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Question: Would any non-Vera or Cespedes J2 prospects enter the Top 30. I'm assuming no, especially with no season, but curious as to your thoughts.