MLB Pipeline 2020 Sox Top 30

Tnetennba

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You hearing anything new on Cespedes?  I’m a bit surprised it’s bit so quiet on that front.

I know that the Sox feel confident about their chances. I've heard Cespedes is still planning on doing a showcase though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I know that the Sox feel confident about their chances. I've heard Cespedes is still planning on doing a showcase though.

I know it is pre-July 2, but any idea who has the cash to be a player? Any chance the Sox trade for cap room to make a power move?

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know it is pre-July 2, but any idea who has the cash to be a player? Any chance the Sox trade for cap room to make a power move?

I've heard the White Sox, Marlins and Mets for Cespedes. The Sox have the most pool space. They can't trade for me. MLB isn't allowing the trading of pool space for this period and next one. They announced that during this shutdown. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've heard the White Sox, Marlins and Mets for Cespedes. The Sox have the most pool space. They can't trade for me. MLB isn't allowing the trading of pool space for this period and next one. They announced that during this shutdown. 

I know it's just a typo, but now I'm imagining "James Fox won't waive no trade clause for White Sox trade."

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So that’s got to be a huge advantage for us right? Any idea how much more space we have than the Marlins & Mets?

11 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Thanks for the lesson, I didn't know you couldn't trade space this time around. 

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Miami also has the Cuban factor not to mention the weather and I'm sure the younger Cespedes would love to potentially play with his brother in New York. Gonna be an interesting race between the 3 teams. 

Cespedes won't be in NY after this season. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 8:02 AM, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

1. Robert

2. Vaughn

3. Kopech

4. Madrigal

5. Kelley

6. Crochet

7. Dunning

8. Stiever

9. Thompson

10. Dalquist

I drip at the sight of all that SP.

Interesting lists. I'll go:

1. Robert

2. Vaughn

3. Kopech

4. Kelley

5. Madrigal

6. Crochet

7. Dunning

8. Stiever

9. Collins

10. Thompson/Dalquist/Vera

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/29316185/which-mlb-teams-drafted-best-first-five-rounds-last-five-years

White Sox #27-bottom five in the last 5 years. Will see WAR rise once Madrigal,  Vaughn, and hopefully others arrive. Doesn’t include international signings and trades

Edited by PolishPrince34

1 hour ago, PolishPrince34 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/29316185/which-mlb-teams-drafted-best-first-five-rounds-last-five-years

White Sox #27-bottom five in the last 5 years. Will see WAR rise once Madrigal,  Vaughn, and hopefully others arrive. Doesn’t include international signings and trades

Is it counting this year? If so it'd be: Zack Collins, Zack Burdi, Jimmy Lambert (Hansen, Call, Fisher), Jake Burger, Gavin Sheets, Luis Gonzalez, Lincoln Henzman, Tyler Johnson, Nick Madrigal, Steele Walker, Konnor Pilkington, Lency Delgado, Jonathan Stiever, Andrew Vaughn, Matthew Thompson, Andrew Dalquist and James Beard. 

The point is that using the first 5 rounds is stupid. If you're going to use WAR, just do it based on all 40 rounds since teams don't take players in order anyway. 

The drafts don't appear to be great from 2016-2017, but there are numerous future big leaguers in this 5 year span. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is it counting this year? If so it'd be: Zack Collins, Zack Burdi, Jimmy Lambert (Hansen, Call, Fisher), Jake Burger, Gavin Sheets, Luis Gonzalez, Lincoln Henzman, Tyler Johnson, Nick Madrigal, Steele Walker, Konnor Pilkington, Lency Delgado, Jonathan Stiever, Andrew Vaughn, Matthew Thompson, Andrew Dalquist and James Beard. 

The point is that using the first 5 rounds is stupid. If you're going to use WAR, just do it based on all 40 rounds since teams don't take players in order anyway. 

The drafts don't appear to be great from 2016-2017, but there are numerous future big leaguers in this 5 year span. 

I completely agree with this. Plus some teams - like the Sox - will draft low prospects or senior signs as a strategy in the first 5 rounds to afford other picks before or later in the draft. Leave it to ESPN. This is not how you measure who drafts well or not.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

13 new draftees added, but not that #11 guy taken or their #12 rated prospect? Fascinating

The #11 guy draft was rated like #18 overall (Crochet).  Kelley was likely right on the bubble.. They have Kelley as 55FV and Crochet as 50FV.  Which I am fine with.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The #11 guy draft was rated like #18 overall (Crochet).  Kelley was likely right on the bubble.. They have Kelley as 55FV and Crochet as 50FV.  Which I am fine with.

In my opinion, they both have a good shot to eventually wind up on the list

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They're both on the bubble. They had Kelley at 55 and Crochet at 50, but in the Sox T30 they ranked Crochet above Kelley, meaning that they have Crochet higher now but they haven't updated their scouting reports.