Sign in to follow this  
SouthWallace

MLB Pipeline 2020 Sox Top 30

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The #11 guy draft was rated like #18 overall (Crochet).  Kelley was likely right on the bubble.. They have Kelley as 55FV and Crochet as 50FV.  Which I am fine with.

They're both on the bubble. They had Kelley at 55 and Crochet at 50, but in the Sox T30 they ranked Crochet above Kelley, meaning that they have Crochet higher now but they haven't updated their scouting reports. 

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Originally?  He can play pretty much any infield position, yes?  Obviously won’t be SS with a healthy Seager ensconced there.

I could be thinking of someone else, but I thought I had heard that Lux was not even impressive defensively at 2B this spring/summer, and was part of the reason he was sent down. So him playing SS just based on skill alone might be a bit dubious at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I could be thinking of someone else, but I thought I had heard that Lux was not even impressive defensively at 2B this spring/summer, and was part of the reason he was sent down. So him playing SS just based on skill alone might be a bit dubious at this point.

Yeah, have never seen him graded as plus/elite, I guess players have reputations from early in their careers and its difficult to get scouts to arrive at re-evaluations or admit they were wrong.  IMO, he's never going to touch Corey Seager as a player, not even close.

By the way, Alek Thomas (DBacks, son of Sox strength & condition coach Allen Thomas) has shot all the way up to 53.

Edited by caulfield12

16 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're both on the bubble. They had Kelley at 55 and Crochet at 50, but in the Sox T30 they ranked Crochet above Kelley, meaning that they have Crochet higher now but they haven't updated their scouting reports. 

I just don't think they looked hard into it.  Kelley>Crochet in their eyes (and many eyes).. They jhust made an oopsie