MLB Final Roster Options out of Spring Training

Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is Reed still in the org? Haven’t seen his name is any box scores yet this ST. 

He is but he was outrighted off the 40-man roster last August.  But yeah, I don’t think he’s played at all this Spring.  He needs to go to Japan or something.

I have thought that AJ Reed could potentially end up in Japan where he would not just be a big man but in all actuality a giant.

He weighs 275 and stands at least 6' 4" and whose power would test off the scale with his lights out power.

Reed has an swing extension that reminds the viewer of some guy named George Herman Ruth.

That comparison does not mean that Reed is comparable to The Babe in performance but his form is on display for all to see.

If he were to go to Japan I suspect he would have potential to be a fan favorite.

Still remember Reed was once a top 40 prospect and was passed by ROY Alvarez with the Astros.

It is conceivable that AJ Reed may have had an injury issue last season as his drop in performance has no parameter in his career of such a drop.

He could also end up with the Baltimore Orioles as one of the scouts formerly with Houston works now with Baltimore.

If he stays in the White Sox organization it is conceivable they could shift him into a pitching role that he also was the top starter at UK while in college where he was Player of the Year as a two-way star.

If he goes to Japan being a two-way player would be great for marketing ala Ohtani.

I believe AJ Reed is from Indiana and despite his large size would seem comparable to former Oriole slugger Boog Powell or SF Giant great Willie McCovey.

Good observation about Reed and Japan where he could make a nice living.

Remember Luis Robert had a bit of a dud season in 2018 as he had a bad thumb something that appeared to effect Nomar Mazara last season with the Rangers.

Did Reed suddenly lose it out?

Was something wrong physically, mentally or emotionally that prevented him from being the player he consistently was.

Japan is something I concur would be a good opportunity for Reed. 

On 2/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Palka is projected for an 83 wRC+, Yermin 88, Davidson 93.   They are certainly more similar than dissimilar.

Did those other guys get a chance at MLB or do we Zip release him now? 

Excellent article on Russ Langer.

Guy would be such a nice replacement for Ed Farmer who is long in the tooth.

I liked Ed as a color man but miss John Rooney who was a real play by play man.

Nothing personal against Ed but he is not a play by play man.

Good broadcasters make the game come alive.

Thank you so much for sharing that article.

Though some might disagree I enjoyed the broadcast last year with Bill Walton in the booth with Jason Benetti.

One for the memory books which was funny and classic.

The rebuild who be complete with a fresh radio voice and maybe consider putting AJ in as the third voice on television.

Having Ozzie and Frank in studio is also good.

Sox need more to catch Cubs who are the real competition something I am sure Uncle Jerry would like to achieve.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He is but he was outrighted off the 40-man roster last August.  But yeah, I don’t think he’s played at all this Spring.  He needs to go to Japan or something.

Yah I know he was outrighted off the 40 man and cleared.  But figured he would have been NRI and didn't see his name listed anywhere, and haven't seen him pop up in any box scores.  Makes me think he may not be with the org any longer.  

16 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah I know he was outrighted off the 40 man and cleared.  But figured he would have been NRI and didn't see his name listed anywhere, and haven't seen him pop up in any box scores.  Makes me think he may not be with the org any longer.  

Just tried checking myself. All I can find is his current team is listed as White Sox. Probably just not in big league camp. Seems like the kind of guy who will end up overseas soon.

21 hours ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Excellent article on Russ Langer.

Guy would be such a nice replacement for Ed Farmer who is long in the tooth.

I liked Ed as a color man but miss John Rooney who was a real play by play man.

Nothing personal against Ed but he is not a play by play man.

Good broadcasters make the game come alive.

Thank you so much for sharing that article.

Though some might disagree I enjoyed the broadcast last year with Bill Walton in the booth with Jason Benetti.

One for the memory books which was funny and classic.

The rebuild who be complete with a fresh radio voice and maybe consider putting AJ in as the third voice on television.

Having Ozzie and Frank in studio is also good.

Sox need more to catch Cubs who are the real competition something I am sure Uncle Jerry would like to achieve.

Not trying to be critical or rude at all, and I apologize if it seems that way, but why the italicization?

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not trying to be critical or rude at all, and I apologize if it seems that way, but why the italicization?

Boomers on message boards man.  There's another one on another baseball board that personally signs all his posts with his real name like he's writing a fucking letter to the editor.

• Haha 3

Italics are used to make it easier for the reader/responder to scan down and be able to easily distinguish who the original author of the content was/is.

In a nutshell that is why it is done.

It is courtesy for the reader to easily recognize a response to a comment or question from the originator of the message..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Italics are used to make it easier for the reader/responder to scan down and be able to easily distinguish who the original author of the content was/is.

It is courtesy for the reader to easily recognize a response to a comment or question from the originator of the message..

what about the name that appears to the left of the post?

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Or, in this case, to quickly scroll past it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

On a long post it still makes it easier and user friendly for the reader.

Have a nice day.

I’m really not trying to be a dick and can respect your logic for using the italics, but in all honestly it makes your posts much less friendly to read.  I would highly recommend changing your style or people will likely skip through your posts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Sorry you feel that way.

Some people use all caps.

Some use different fonts.

Some like chocolate.

Some like vanilla.

Some like neither.

Others like strawberry.

It is the content and analysis that is preferable to many readers.

But that said you are entitled to what you prefer.

My best.

To each there own.

Hey man this isn't your blog.  Try and respect the other posters by not double spacing your posts and formatting them needlessly.  Frankly most people will just put you on ignore if you keep it up, including myself.  You have good thoughts and input but this isn't the place to just mindlessly put down everything that comes into your head.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Sorry you feel that way.

Some people use all caps.

Some use different fonts.

Some like chocolate.

Some like vanilla.

Some like neither.

Others like strawberry.

It is the content and analysis that is preferable to many readers.

But that said you are entitled to what you prefer.

My best.

To each there own.

Look, do whatever you want to, I just think your formatting will drive people away.  If the “content and analysis” is really what’s important to you, then you should make the change.  If you simply care about your pride, then stick with the italics.  Again, I’m not trying to be a dick, was just trying to give you some friendly advice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Isn't that why we have user names and pics we can use?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Honestly, it’s not helping anything and your obsessive use of carriage returns after single sentences is brutal.  You are writing posts, not haikus.  Add in all these carriage returns with your Caufield-length posts and you are making threads absolutely painful to scroll through.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2