Sox vs Angels, 2:05 PM

ron883

I was really drunk last night, bored, and found this long ringer article on Vaughn and how college 1B taken that high are actually good bets to overperform projected WAR based on a position neutral projection for the slot.  Basically it boiled down to when college 1B are taken that high they sure as shit can hit and if they can they will be decent MLB players at worst.  Looks like Vaughn will be another one.

• Like 2

Just now, hi8is said:

Level up.

If the Hose are going to man up with the Twinks it has to come from the SP dept. I read a lengthy thread of Dodger fans explaining that Maeda is a four inning guy who is better suited for the pen. We will see how it plays out. We all know what prevails in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

If the Hose are going to man up with the Twinks it has to come from the SP dept. I read a lengthy thread of Dodger fans explaining that Maeda is a four inning guy who is better suited for the pen. We will see how it plays out. We all know what prevails in the playoffs. 

I was just saying that Madrigal had been omitted.

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was really drunk last night, bored, and found this long ringer article on Vaughn and how college 1B taken that high are actually good bets to overperform projected WAR based on a position neutral projection for the slot.  Basically it boiled down to when college 1B are taken that high they sure as shit can hit and if they can they will be decent MLB players at worst.  Looks like Vaughn will be another one.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  I thought I read before the Sox drafted Vaughn that he is an above average defensive first baseman as well?

15 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  I thought I read before the Sox drafted Vaughn that he is an above average defensive first baseman as well?

he shouldn't be any worse than average, but at most he'll be plus a couple runs defensively.  His main impact will be with the bat.  If he hits 290/380/540 he's a star and if he only hits 270/340/500 he's a solid everyday regular.

Edited by chitownsportsfan