FS: White Sox saw something in Codi Heuer

Rankin

• Rankin unpinned this topic
On 3/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, chitownsportsfan said:

This is why you don't trade for bullpen pieces in March.  Wait and see what you have in your own camp first.  The Sox have quite a few interesting young arms.  This guy's stats were impressive last year for where he was drafted.   He could contribute this year at the MLB level.

No doubt. Bullpen arms are so fickle and the Sox have a pretty good track of finding guys.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:38 PM, zisk said:

Sam Long saw something in the Sox. will be in the majors either this year or next. Sure hope it's with the WSox

Tell me more.  I saw his 2019 stats, too.  I'm interested.

And, why wouldn't it be with WSox?  Where do you think he will start the season?

Winston-Salem should be his first stop this year. He's an older prospect, so the Sox will probably push him up the ladder quickly if he

does well. He faces a numbers game on the 40 man roster and could be subjected to the rule 5 draft.

5 minutes ago, zisk said:

Winston-Salem should be his first stop this year. He's an older prospect, so the Sox will probably push him up the ladder quickly if he

does well. He faces a numbers game on the 40 man roster and could be subjected to the rule 5 draft.

Seeing as though he spent the second half of last season in Birmingham, I HIGHLY doubt they send him to WS.