Keuchel spends $25K for organization-wide dinner

Southwest Sider

Undoubtedly, they’ll never forget the evening, particularly with the toast given by Keuchel’s mother, Teresa. She welcomed everyone, brought up the White Sox’s lofty expectations, raised her glass, and then brought the house down:

“Playoffs or die, (expletive)!’’

This part is fantastic.

I did the math. Him buying dinner for every one is like me buying you a snow cone! I remember Adam Dunn Suggesting to

Scott Carroll a good restaurant to take his family and friends after his MLB debut. Carroll was a 10 year minor leaguer at the time.

After dinner the waiter told him AD picked up the tab before hand. I know he flamed out early for the Sox, but lots of

people have said he is a kind generous man.

Edited by zisk
add

21 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Where did the leftovers go?  Anybody?

They were all thrown away, and the waitstaff made sure to bang the dishes on the edge of the trashcan to make sure he felt comfortable.

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

I wish I had a good trashcan joke for this thread. Nice gesture, still a cheater. 

There. Not my best work but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

Maybe that was the price for the Sox to let him keep his beard....

I read that article today about JR telling him that he was in team violation - but he was a good guy and to win and it was alright. 

I'm rolling my eyes right now. JR really needs to stop being all Yankees with this stuff. It's a beard. It's all whatever at hte end of hte day and understand it's not a huge deal - just wish JR would lighten up and change with the times a bit more. 

2 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

Maybe that was the price for the Sox to let him keep his beard....

I read that article today about JR telling him that he was in team violation - but he was a good guy and to win and it was alright. 

I'm rolling my eyes right now. JR really needs to stop being all Yankees with this stuff. It's a beard. It's all whatever at hte end of hte day and understand it's not a huge deal - just wish JR would lighten up and change with the times a bit more. 

Heh, he kinda did lighten up. :)

Hopefully Keuchel isn't the exception to the rule and these guys can start letting their personalities show in how they wear their hair too.