White Sox vs Athletics: Reylo against Bassitt

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

When both Gios start the year on the IL and Kopech isn't allowed to make the team out of spring training Bassitt would look pretty nice.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Take those bad vibes back to where you got them from

Not a surprise that his location is "Downers Grove"!

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

What a catch by Engel. If only he could be atleast above-average with the bat.

If he could be at least below-average with the bat (rather than one of the worst in the league on that end) I'd love him as a backup. Above-average and you're talking about a starting CF. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm really encouraged by the subtle but (hopefully) effective changes Lopez has made to his delivery. That curveball looks nasty 

He just threw a flat one followed by two filthy ones; but the slider looks better in general. I'd like to see some in the zone swing and misses, but in time that will happen if he maintains the break.

Lopez stands to benefit as much as any White Sox starting pitcher from Grandal’s elite pitch framing talent. Over Lopez’s (initial) 3 IP this afternoon, were several close pitches that were called balls (with Collins behind the dish). I have no doubt that Grandal would have (more likely than not) stolen at least 1 or 2 of them, resulting in 1 or 2 less base runners and a lower pitch count. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mharkins said:

Lopez stands to benefit as much as any White Sox starting pitcher from Grandal’s elite pitch framing talent. Over Lopez’s (initial) 3 IP this afternoon, were several close pitches that were called balls (with Collins behind the dish). I have no doubt that Grandal would have (more likely than not) stolen at least 1 or 2 of them, resulting in 1 or 2 less base runners and a lower pitch count. 

Totally.  And mentally.  ReyLo is a bit of a headcase out there.  Having someone grabbing him borderline strikes is going to help him quite a bit.