White Sox vs Athletics: Reylo against Bassitt

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Thats a terrible call ump

hard to judge with the camera so far towards 3rd but I thought it grabbed some plate.  ump's been calling them strikes in that area all game from what I can tell.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Typical spring...I'm getting ready for the roster to be trimmed down soon.  Really want to see more of the guys with a real chance to make the team.

I'd imagine by the end of next week you'll see most of the prospects re-assigned to their affiliate, maybe a NRI cut or two, and then we are only two weeks away from opening day. Hard to believe it's basically 3 weeks away.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Quick overreaction:  Sox should have acquired a veteran middle infielder 

Not an overreaction.  They should have done it regardless.  Guys like Miller and Dozier were signed for next to nothing.  Gennett is still available.

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Not an overreaction.  They should have done it regardless.  Guys like Miller and Dozier were signed for next to nothing.  Gennett is still available.

Well if playing time early is any indication the Sox are going to give mendick the nod, at least for the first three weeks or whatever.  he looks alright at SS in a ultra small sample so maybe he can be decent at 2B until Madrigal comes up -- it's only going to be about 20 games.   you're talking about probably .5 WAR at absolute most lost, and that is at absolute most if mendick is replacement level until madrigal comes up.

madrigal is going be the everyday guy barring injury anyways for 135 games.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well if playing time early is any indication the Sox are going to give mendick the nod, at least for the first three weeks or whatever.  he looks alright at SS in a ultra small sample so maybe he can be decent at 2B until Madrigal comes up -- it's only going to be about 20 games.   you're talking about probably .5 WAR at absolute most lost, and that is at absolute most if mendick is replacement level until madrigal comes up.

madrigal is going be the everyday guy barring injury anyways for 135 games.

Or Leury....seems Engel and Delmonico could both make it.