Rox @ Sox | 2:05PM CT | Whitesox.com

Tnetennba

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

More alarming than his soft contact, Madrigal's speed is a bit overrated from what I've seen this spring.  

I just don’t see how he’s an impact player at all. Still bummed he wasn’t used as trade bait.

Amongst his most highly touted attributes, Nick Madrigal is supposed to possess the highest rated baseball IQ (as ranked by MLB.com) amongst all current MLB prospects. Given the Situation; bases loaded with nobody out, along with the  demonstrable wildness of (Rockies’ SP) Peter Lambert that inning, combined with Madrigal’s diminutive stature (Incredibly small strike zone), Little Nicky’s situational approach was head scratching. To go up to the plate first pitch hunting (given the situation) didn’t make any sense, whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I (for one) love what Madrigal brings to the White Sox. He is clearly pressing (so far) early in spring training. When all is said and done I believe he will be a solid overall contributor to the WS this season. 

3 minutes ago, mharkins said:

Amongst his most highly touted attributes, Nick Madrigal is supposed to possess the highest rated baseball IQ (as ranked by MLB.com) amongst all current MLB prospects. Given the Situation; bases loaded with nobody out, along with the  demonstrable wildness of (Rockies’ SP) Peter Lambert that inning, combined with Madrigal’s diminutive stature (Incredibly small strike zone), Little Nicky’s situational approach was head scratching. To go up to the plate first pitch hunting (given the situation) didn’t make any sense, whatsoever. 

Swinging at the first pitch in a bases loaded situation is not a bad idea at all; conceptually, you're damn near guaranteed to see a fastball in the zone if the pitcher can get it there. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just don’t see how he’s an impact player at all. Still bummed he wasn’t used as trade bait.

The world isn't gonna end if we have a 2 war 2B batting ninth. That's perfectly fine. Not everyone is an all star. 

He's having a rough spring, I suspect he might be trying too hard to prove he should be up on opening day which wasn't gonna happen regardless. He will find himself and even if he's just an average regular that's OK. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mharkins said:

I’m so glad Konerko didn’t swing at the first pitch with the bases loaded in game 2 of the World Series. Oh wait...

• Thanks 2

My bad... Veteran 6’2” 220 lb multi-time all-star slugger (and team captain) vs a scuffling diminutive prospect with zero MLB experience. You are absolutely correct (I was dead wrong) They are identical. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

So he is a dumb ball player for swinging at a first pitch with bases loaded once in a spring training game.. Valid statement.  

I get going for a grand slam on your birthday.  You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.

• Like 3