Y2Jimmy > National Reports (Moncada extended 5 years)

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not to be greedy but I hope Giolito is next.

I wouldn't be mad, but only if it's in the 40-50 range. 

Pitching is just so risky that you are usually better off just holding them through control and using them and then signing the ones you think are best as FA's when the time comes.

• Like 2

Just now, SoxAce said:

He's the only one left with less than 6 years of control right? Just insanity what the Sox are pulling off.

Now let's hope these guys are good lol.

I love what Rick's doing, and I think it's great and exactly what I'd want, but the risk obviously exists that you are now tied to this core for 6 years. I think they reward Hahn for this and the organization, but if someone really wants to be a classic pessimist the only pessimistic look is what if these guys don't improve.

34 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, at this point the culture appears to matter. 

Yes, & what a wonderful culture it is!  The future looks bright & these guys, being together for so long, could be something special. The big Red Machine of the 70s, 90s Yankees.  Sorry, just a little excited & ready for the season to start😃

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Now let's hope these guys are good lol.

I love what Rick's doing, and I think it's great and exactly what I'd want, but the risk obviously exists that you are now tied to this core for 6 years. I think they reward Hahn for this and the organization, but if someone really wants to be a classic pessimist the only pessimistic look is what if these guys don't improve.

In that case, my advice to us all is to start drinking heavily.

1 minute ago, Lonchair said:

Yes, & what a wonderful culture it is!  The future looks bright & these guys, being together for so long, could be something special. The big Red Machine of the 70s, 90s Yankees.  Sorry, just a little excited & ready for the season to start😃

This is why I'm confused when people want Renteria gone. It seems like his players will run through a brick wall for him.

Firing him and bringing in someone like Girardi wouldn't work IMO.

• Like 3

Just now, chetkincaid said:

This is why I'm confused when people want Renteria gone. It seems like his players will run through a brick wall for him.

Firing him and bringing in someone like Girardi wouldn't work IMO.

Ding ding ding.

Renteria takes a ton of flack, but as I've said a managers job is 99.9% relationship management/player management/emotional management and .1% strategic. These players seem to love Ricky, so I will give Ricky a pass and the benefit of the doubt. 

Years and years of losing and never a negative word out of the clubhouse. That's really difficult to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He's the only one left with less than 6 years of control right? Just insanity what the Sox are pulling off.

I was thinking the same thing!  The Sox/Hahn are doing things that other teams would, & try to replicate, do with their young, core players. It feels weird that the White Sox are doing something that other teams & fans can admire. It's a whole new world. The future is bright!

36 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ding ding ding.

Renteria takes a ton of flack, but as I've said a managers job is 99.9% relationship management/player management/emotional management and .1% strategic. These players seem to love Ricky, so I will give Ricky a pass and the benefit of the doubt. 

Years and years of losing and never a negative word out of the clubhouse. That's really difficult to do.

Yes I agree. When Grandal came up as a rookie with the Padres, Ricky was a coach there.  He made a good impression with him. Helped his decision to come here. ( the $73 million helped too)

Just saw this: 

Sox team control: 

2021: Rodon, Mazara

2022: Abreu, Keuchel? (if option doesn't vest)  

2023: Grandal, Giolito, Lopez, Keuchel? (if option vests)

2024: Anderson

2025: Cease, Moncada, Kopech

2026: Jimenez, Bummer, Madrigal

2027: Robert, Vaughn

Edited by Jack Parkman
Accuracy
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lonchair said:

Yes, I can already see/sense something special about this team's personality. They have incredible young talent  complimented by a confident streetwise grittiness binding them together and already giving the team its own unique identity. There is no other team I can compare them too. If their talent pans out this team is going to be an absolute dream for fans and marketers.

Edited by SpringfieldFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Wow.  In hindsight, he obviously switched agencies because he wanted to take a home town discount.  That's unreal.  This offseason has been a dream just like last year's was a nightmare.

Agreed.  A very good dream!

• Like 2

• bmags unpinned this topic