Y2Jimmy > National Reports (Moncada extended 5 years)

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Jesus you’re a wet blanket sometimes. You’ve spent legit years talking about how this “window” could close early because of Moncada and Giolito leaving early and having to chase the market, and when Moncada signs an extension...this is your response to the news? 

POTY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Is he hurt? Seriously, like this contract and this statement are what I'd expect if people knew he had just blown out his knee. In his first 3 arb years, Bryant has mad $42 million, and that's while missing 1/3 of a year with a shoulder problem. If he was healthy, he'd make $50 million+ the next 4 seasons.

JFC just stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How is it an awful deal?

I actually don't know why people think that either. It's a nice deal for the Sox, but it's a fine deal for Moncada as well. 

Moncada has acquired generational wealth even if he should break his leg tomorrow.  A player is on a team he is comfortable with and is being paid more than any human can spend in 3 lifetimes.  Seems like a very smart move to me...just not greedy.  I admire him for it.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How's that Crow tasting RON!

I've eaten Crow before and it doesn't taste too bad. 

This isn't a case though. Give me proof Abreu is the reason Yoan signed before making foolish claims. I'll be waiting. 

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Moncada has acquired generational wealth even if he should break his leg tomorrow.  A player is on a team he is comfortable with and is being paid more than any human can spend in 3 lifetimes.  Seems like a very smart move to me...just not greedy.  I admire him for it.

He's already guaranteed himself $100M+ in career earnings. That's nothing to sniff at. 

Again:

31.5M to sign out of Cuba

70-90M now

That's at least 101.5M in career earnings by age 30, with the likelihood of being 121.5M.

Plus, he could still sign a >$200M deal after this one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just read through the thread, but this is an absolutely fantastic deal.  Bregman got 6/$100M when he was in the same exactly position and I fully expected Yoan to get that much or even more.  This now gives us a legitimate six year window to dominant the Central.  I am so fucking pumped about this.  Props to @Y2Jimmy0 for being on the money once again and being recognized by some of the biggest writers / insiders in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, SpringfieldFan said:

Yes, I can already see/sense something special about this team's personality. They have incredible young talent  complimented by a confident streetwise grittiness binding them together and already giving the team its own unique identity. There is no other team I can compare them too. If their talent pans out this team is going to be an absolute dream for fans and marketers.

From my pov no more minor league market in a major market city. We could legit be more relevant than the Red Sox and nipping on the Twink's heels. This will resonate with our fans. 

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but they've pretty much guaranteed themselves a 6 year window starting this season. 

What would be considered a success for you all? 

IMO making the playoffs in 2+ consecutive seasons and winning at least one title would be a huge success. Let's not get greedy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Just my opinion, but they've pretty much guaranteed themselves a 6 year window starting this season. 

Playoffs are a crap shoot but making it 3 times in the next 6 years as the division winner would be a success imo.  Throw in once as the WC maybe.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Playoffs are a crap shoot but making it 3 times in the next 6 years as the division winner would be a success imo.  Throw in once as the WC maybe.

I really want to make the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time in franchise history. I agree that playoffs are a crapshoot. 

120 years is way too long for that not to have happened already. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I can't remember a team that locked up its core like this without some absolute overpays. Obviously injuries and underperformance will hit, but what an absolutely great plan and off-season that Hahn and company put together. Future is so bright ...

This is such a unique approach. They are locking up guys that are mostly unproven, but loaded with talent. It can pay off big, or blow up in their face. I like the chances though!

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I can't remember a team that locked up its core like this without some absolute overpays. Obviously injuries and underperformance will hit, but what an absolutely great plan and off-season that Hahn and company put together. Future is so bright ...

Also they have gotten way out ahead of any "black swans" regarding the new CBA.  A lot of clubs are acting like arb years are going to be cut or generally more expensive.  Sox are at the forefront of that.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I really want to make the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time in franchise history. I agree that playoffs are a crapshoot. 

120 years is way too long for that not to have happened already. 

I'd suspect they will break that streak. But really, to me this is about winning the World Series. I'd rather the Sox be like the Nationals than the Twinkies.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

IMO making the playoffs in 2+ consecutive seasons and winning at least one title would be a huge success. Let's not get greedy. 

Success this year would be over .500. I’m not saying they can’t win 90+ if a lot goes right- because it could happen. But the pitching is on the young side, and they still need to go out there and get the outs.

Overall, 2021-2025 needs to be making the postseason at least 3 times with at least one ALCS appearance. After that, the baseball gods need to be on our side.

9 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I agree...and part of all this is that the guys on the team like each other.

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Kudos to NotCishek. He was definitely the first one. Made some posters here eat crow.

I don’t get it. Why ISN’T everyone here giving him credit? Because we don’t know whether he posts on this board? This is confusing. 

Especially when I believe he’s continuing to show he does have some sort of source. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

That’s interesting because he was always a guy I got frustrated with, him and Eloy. I would draft Vaughn and he would turn out to be a stud, as did Madrigal and often times Cease. 21 should be FUN

Yea Vaughn turned into a monster in one of my plays.  Eloy rarely seemed to do much.  Should be a fun year in OOTP although I will like usual wait for it to go on sale.

• bmags unpinned this topic