Y2Jimmy > National Reports (Moncada extended 5 years)

20 hours ago, Quin said:

Pretty sure it was always

Moncada or Benintendi

Kopech

Devers (Hahn's ask) or Basabe / Diaz

I don’t think it was a Devers or Basabe / Diaz.  I think the Red Sox straight up rejected Devers ad the third piece and Hahn countered with a “I’d at least need Basabe & Devers” to get a deal done.  I really don’t think that Hahn ever thought those alternatives were of equal value.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think it was a Devers or Basabe / Diaz.  I think the Red Sox straight up rejected Devers ad the third piece and Hahn countered with a “I’d at least need Basabe & Devers” to get a deal done.  I really don’t think that Hahn ever thought those alternatives were of equal value.

I believe this is correct.  There was a great article that walked through step-by-step how the trade went down.

EDIT:  I think this is the article:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2016/12/10/how-chris-sale-deal-came-about/y54iJcIAj4vtbDvRb8LLLP/story.html

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2

Every Red Sox fan that I talked to right after the trade loved  it.  Bob Ryan of the Globe was on ESPN, and he said he liked it, partly because they kept their best prospect (in Ryan's opinion) in Devers.  A year from now we can all evaluate the trade, but it looks good for our side.

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

Every Red Sox fan that I talked to right after the trade loved  it.  Bob Ryan of the Globe was on ESPN, and he said he liked it, partly because they kept their best prospect (in Ryan's opinion) in Devers.  A year from now we can all evaluate the trade, but it looks good for our side.

It's great for the Red Sox (won a WS with Sale, wouldn't have otherwise).  And it looks good for us as well.  A true win-win

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It's great for the Red Sox (won a WS with Sale, wouldn't have otherwise).  And it looks good for us as well.  A true win-win

The trade looks like a win win for sure.  The sale extension is the bad part for the Red Sox 

• Like 2

• bmags unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...