White Sox about to win me $1,000,000

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy will be in All Star games after he retires he's so good. 

50 year old Mike trout entering his 28th all star game despite not playing baseball since he was 39. 

In the distant future from the broadcast of the 30th annual Field of Dreams game..."pinch hitting for the White Sox....Mike Trout."

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mike Trout is only 28 years old. 

Jack, think about how crazy that is. Mike Trout could retire today and be he'd have 1 more career WAR than Frank!

If Mike Trout retired tomorrow, he would be retiring after his age 27/28 season. Which means he'd be retiring at the age in which Josh Donaldson had his first good season in the MLB. In the time it took Donaldson to be awesome, Trout accumulated more WAR than Frank.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack, think about how crazy that is. Mike Trout could retire today and be he'd have 1 more career WAR than Frank!

If Mike Trout retired tomorrow, he would be retiring after his age 27/28 season. Which means he'd be retiring at the age in which Josh Donaldson had his first good season in the MLB. In the time it took Donaldson to be awesome, Trout accumulated more WAR than Frank.

Trout has the great WAR because he's basically a slightly worse Frank offensively, with Elite defense and baserunning at a premium defensive position. 

I think WAR overrates defense and underrates offense....It's pretty much impossible to do Mike Trout things as a 1B or LF, no matter how good you are defensively, with the exception of Barry Bonds on steroids. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

JD Martinez didn't break out until the latter portion of his 20's either. 

Right now...

Mike Trout: 72.5 career WAR / 65.4 7yr-peak WAR / 69.0 JAWS

Average HOF CF (out of 19): 71.0 career WAR / 44.5 7yr-peak WAR / 57.7 JAWS

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richie said:

JD Martinez didn't break out until the latter portion of his 20's either. 

Right now...

Mike Trout: 72.5 career WAR / 65.4 7yr-peak WAR / 69.0 JAWS

Average HOF CF (out of 19): 71.0 career WAR / 44.5 7yr-peak WAR / 57.7 JAWS

It’s just incredible. He still may be UNDERRATED. (At least by the average fan)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sox72 said:

It’s just incredible. He still may be UNDERRATED. (At least by the average fan)

Yeah, I don't think all that many people get it. 

Mike Trout isn't just "the best player in baseball". He's pacing to enter himself squarely into the GOAT conversation when this is all said and done.

I doubt anyone will ever pass Babe's 182.4 career WAR record. Trout would need to average a 10 WAR over 11 more seasons to do that. That's not happening. However, I think when you account for the difference in eras. There will be an argument. Of course, he needs to stay healthy. 

For whatever reason - "GOAT" conversations don't happen that much in baseball relative to NBA or NFL. Probably stems from how baseball has created such a "mythical" aura around their legends. Trout will enter into that. He just needs to stay healthy. I hope he does. He's unreal to watch. 

• Like 1