Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Look at Ray Ray Run

White Sox about to win me $1,000,000

Recommended Posts

 

HR: Eloy Jimenez

Hits: Nick Madrigal

W: Lucas Giolito

K's: Michael Kopech

W: White Sox

WS Titles: White Sox

MVP: Luis Robert

Cy Young: Michael Kopech

All Star: Mike Trout

Where do I collect my money? Can I collect early?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Mike Trout at the end made me laugh

Guy will be in All Star games after he retires he's so good. 

50 year old Mike trout entering his 28th all star game despite not playing baseball since he was 39. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy will be in All Star games after he retires he's so good. 

50 year old Mike trout entering his 28th all star game despite not playing baseball since he was 39. 

In the distant future from the broadcast of the 30th annual Field of Dreams game..."pinch hitting for the White Sox....Mike Trout."

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy will be in All Star games after he retires he's so good. 

50 year old Mike trout entering his 28th all star game despite not playing baseball since he was 39. 

Just like Derek Jeter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Trout is only 28 years old. 

He doesn't turn 29 until August. 

He's going to be playing this entire decade because his contract runs until 2031 IIRC. 

I believe this is the first year of his 12 year deal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mike Trout is only 28 years old. 

Jack, think about how crazy that is. Mike Trout could retire today and be he'd have 1 more career WAR than Frank!

If Mike Trout retired tomorrow, he would be retiring after his age 27/28 season. Which means he'd be retiring at the age in which Josh Donaldson had his first good season in the MLB. In the time it took Donaldson to be awesome, Trout accumulated more WAR than Frank.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack, think about how crazy that is. Mike Trout could retire today and be he'd have 1 more career WAR than Frank!

If Mike Trout retired tomorrow, he would be retiring after his age 27/28 season. Which means he'd be retiring at the age in which Josh Donaldson had his first good season in the MLB. In the time it took Donaldson to be awesome, Trout accumulated more WAR than Frank.

Trout has the great WAR because he's basically a slightly worse Frank offensively, with Elite defense and baserunning at a premium defensive position. 

I think WAR overrates defense and underrates offense....It's pretty much impossible to do Mike Trout things as a 1B or LF, no matter how good you are defensively, with the exception of Barry Bonds on steroids. 

 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack, think about how crazy that is. Mike Trout could retire today and be he'd have 1 more career WAR than Frank!

If Mike Trout retired tomorrow, he would be retiring after his age 27/28 season. Which means he'd be retiring at the age in which Josh Donaldson had his first good season in the MLB. In the time it took Donaldson to be awesome, Trout accumulated more WAR than Frank.

JD Martinez didn't break out until the latter portion of his 20's either. 

Right now...

 

  Mike Trout: 72.5 career WAR / 65.4 7yr-peak WAR / 69.0 JAWS


  Average HOF CF (out of 19): 71.0 career WAR / 44.5 7yr-peak WAR / 57.7 JAWS

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richie said:

JD Martinez didn't break out until the latter portion of his 20's either. 

Right now...

 

  Mike Trout: 72.5 career WAR / 65.4 7yr-peak WAR / 69.0 JAWS


  Average HOF CF (out of 19): 71.0 career WAR / 44.5 7yr-peak WAR / 57.7 JAWS

 

It’s just incredible. He still may be UNDERRATED. (At least by the average fan)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sox72 said:

It’s just incredible. He still may be UNDERRATED. (At least by the average fan)

Yeah, I don't think all that many people get it. 

Mike Trout isn't just "the best player in baseball". He's pacing to enter himself squarely into the GOAT conversation when this is all said and done.

I doubt anyone will ever pass Babe's 182.4 career WAR record. Trout would need to average a 10 WAR over 11 more seasons to do that. That's not happening. However, I think when you account for the difference in eras. There will be an argument. Of course, he needs to stay healthy. 

For whatever reason - "GOAT" conversations don't happen that much in baseball relative to NBA or NFL. Probably stems from how baseball has created such a "mythical" aura around their legends. Trout will enter into that. He just needs to stay healthy. I hope he does. He's unreal to watch. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×