Sox @ Cubs | 2:05PM CT | WGN720

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, tray said:

Interesting that Madrigal and Mazara aren't in the line-up against the cubs. 

I was hoping to see more of them in the few Spring games where winning at least has some importance to the fans.

They both played yesterday 

15 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

People getting mad about spring training lineups.

Timmy doesn't walk enough.

Who cares, he’s probably never going to walk a ton but he can still work as a leadoff hitter as long as his pitch selection keeps improving. He’s also the best base stealing threat on the team. I’d rather have Moncada driving in Anderson than vice versa. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Who cares, he’s probably never going to walk a ton but he can still work as a leadoff hitter as long as his pitch selection keeps improving. He’s also the best base stealing threat on the team. I’d rather have Moncada driving in Anderson than vice versa. 

Two problems:

1. Don't get trapped in the steals game. The fact is, your highest OBP guy should lead off. Steals are nice, but ultimately the only thing you need from your leadoff man is to get on base.
  2. Moncada runs and Anderson runs are equal. 

Based on 2019 numbers, Moncada should be leading off. The hope is that one of the young guys will get on base enough to justify leading off.

I agree that the best White Sox team will have Tim Anderson in a 6-9 spot.

1 hour ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Two problems:

1. Don't get trapped in the steals game. The fact is, your highest OBP guy should lead off. Steals are nice, but ultimately the only thing you need from your leadoff man is to get on base.
  2. Moncada runs and Anderson runs are equal. 

Based on 2019 numbers, Moncada should be leading off. The hope is that one of the young guys will get on base enough to justify leading off.

I agree that the best White Sox team will have Tim Anderson in a 6-9 spot.

I’m all for lineup optimization but their best OBP guy is Grandal and I want him sandwiched in between the middle of the lineup. 
And Moncada said that he hates batting leadoff, so why is he there?