Sox @ Cubs | 2:05PM CT | WGN720

Tnetennba

28 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Engel  quietly hitting .318 and field his usual GG game.  What a nice bench piece he has become.😊

He has raked before during Spring Training then went back to being Engel during the regular season.

Just now, Quin said:

And Arizona Fall League*

Truthfully, we should just really try to convince the Dbacks to trade for him.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.  What will you give us for a slightly used former AFL MVP?

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

He has raked before during Spring Training then went back to being Engel during the regular season.

Bench players are not going to be Mike Trout quality.  They have a skill set that comes into play several times a week.  Engel happens to pocess several tools that play at a high level...primarily speed and defense.  He actually has been hitting since second half of last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Bench players are not going to be Mike Trout quality.  They have a skill set that comes into play several times a week.  Engel happens to pocess several tools that play at a high level...primarily speed and defense.  He actually has been hitting since second half of last year.

If he couldn’t play defense, he would be in the minors.  Cuz he can’t hit for 💩.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

If he couldn’t play defense, he would be in the minors.  Cuz he can’t hit for 💩.

I didn't say he belongs on the team because of his bat.  I repeat...he belongs on the team for his GG defense and speed.  Additionally...his bat has improved since second half last year which is factual.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If I was a Cub fan I would be concerned that this will be typical of the Cub/Sox games for the next 6 or 7 years.😁

Make room for that Cross Town cup in your office Rick....you are gonna have it for awhile. :gosox1: