Cuts

Whisox05

On 3/7/2020 at 7:36 AM, EloyJenkins said:

He will be. He will be on the fast track to replace Rodon, Lopez or Gio. That is why I loved the Gio contract. It gives him a real window to try and hit. I have him more as a really solid #2 over an ace though. His stuff is legit.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:42 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I love Dunning, but he doesn’t really have an ace like ceiling.  To me, his best case scenario is a really good #3 starter.  That being said, if healthy I expect him to be a rotation mainstay for years to come, hopefully as our #4 starter behind Giolito, Kopech, & Cease.  I truly believe he will beat out Lopez, Rodon, Lambert, & Stiever for the last spot in the rotation next year.  The kid just has that “it” factor.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:09 AM, smellysox said:

I agree with you. Dunning has great pitching IQ. He's a competitor. And maybe most importantly an easy repeatable delivery. Speaking of him being a competitor, look up the video of him yelling at the umps for calling the tarp out with the rain coming.  He was at Florida. Love it! 

He is better than Lambert, Lopez, Rodon. I  expect him to be #5 next season and then 4 the following year with Dallas the 5. I'm still not sure what the plan is for Rodon. I feel he will be moved next offseason. I just don't see how he's going to be happy here if he's not starting. 

Just my opinion, but Dunning is likely a #3-4 starter with a ceiling of being right handed Quintana(with the Sox) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

18 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I really thought that Burdi, Flores and Basabe would all start in Charlotte.

I could be wrong, but I think this is all relative to the minor league roster they were assigned to for minor league Rule 5 purposes.  I’d expect Flores to head to Charlotte at a bare minimum.

Last year with a week left in ST...Eloy was moved to the minor league complex...shortly after he was extended and the rest is history.  I think we might see the same thing happen with Madrigal next week.  Of course...we could just put him on the big club without the extension.  Main point is that Madrigal is the best 2nd baseman we have and I expect RH will want to have the best team on the field for OD.  

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Last year with a week left in ST...Eloy was moved to the minor league complex...shortly after he was extended and the rest is history.  I think we might see the same thing happen with Madrigal next week.  Of course...we could just put him on the big club without the extension.  Main point is that Madrigal is the best 2nd baseman we have and I expect RH will want to have the best team on the field for OD.  

The difference is that Eloy was playing in A games with the regulars, and Madrigal hasn't been.  Eloy was mashing last sping and Madrigal's play hasn't exactly been knocking anyone's socks off.  I will be really surprised if he is on the opening day roster at this point.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

0% chance Madrigal is on the OD roster.  

On 3/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I wonder if Madrigal starts with the team now given potential season changes?  

I think its probably going to depend on what happens between MLB/MLBPA on the service time. There will have to be some sort of formal agreement on how this situation will play out.  

On 3/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, ChiSox59 said:

I think its probably going to depend on what happens between MLB/MLBPA on the service time. There will have to be some sort of formal agreement on how this situation will play out.  

Sounds like players will get credit for a full year of service time regardless on how many games are played. 

If no 2020 season, get same amount of service you got in 2019. Nightmare scenario with Kopech.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He got a full year last year. He was on the major league DL 

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

He was on the MLB IL so he did. He currently has 1.041 years of service.

But he was also option already so I don't think he would get the service time.

That’s right, I totally forgot about that.  I guess we’ll have to see the specifics then, because it seems crazy that someone optioned would automatically get a year of service time.  But then again, this is all unprecedented territory so who really knows.

• Like 1