Spring Training Canceled, Season PPD 2 Weeks, IL Gov Recommending May 1st

joejoesox

Was inevitable. June 1 is my best guess. Playing 100 game season. Who knows - just baseball in a vacuum that could be good for the Sox. shorter season may mean a strong run equals a better chance at playoffs. Again, that's the baseball take in a vacuum. Stay safe. 

At least a months delay is my guess..... late April should be a safe bet..... God help us if the hysteria takes over and they go longer than that..... and what about a refund of our tickets???? Or are they going to Wirtz/Cub us and keep the cash as a downpayment on future games.....?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not official yet, just being reported that the decision has been made. Some spring training games in FL have already started and they're allowing those to conclude before enacting the suspension. 

Well this totally blows

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I feel this is So overblown of proportion

How so? Players are going to get sick, its inevitable and theres no way the season is going to happen if there are cases in the clubhouse. This is stronger than the flu and some countries are reporting some disastrous effects (Italy's death to confirmed cases ratio). There is still a lot of unknowns in my opinion. 

Everything sucks.  Its kind of sad, but my life legit revolves around sports.  Not sure WTF I am going to do with myself now.  I don't even want to go the germfest that is the gym to burn some stress.  The best 10 days of the year (cbb conf tourneys and march madness) cancelled.  MLB delayed for the foreseeable future.  My other hobby of playing poker is legit probably the worst possible place for spread of this shit.  My enjoyment of day trading is virtually sapped as I (any everyone else) have just been crushed for weeks and am getting close to tapped out.  So bummed. 

Weird times.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

All Arizona games are now showing as "Cancelled" on the MLB site.   Looks like they are letting Florida games finish.

The reasons they are showing for the cancellations though are either rain or wet grounds

Edited by ScooterMcGee

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Everything sucks.  Its kind of sad, but my life legit revolves around sports.  Not sure WTF I am going to do with myself now.  I don't even want to go the germfest that is the gym to burn some stress.  The best 10 days of the year (cbb conf tourneys and march madness) cancelled.  MLB delayed for the foreseeable future.  My other hobby of playing poker is legit probably the worst possible place for spread of this shit.  My enjoyment of day trading is virtually sapped as I (any everyone else) have just been crushed for weeks and am getting close to tapped out.  So bummed. 

Weird times.   

Man I am with you 100% on this, all of your joys are mine too. Luckily I still have running and cycling.

I am concerned with my job as i am in the travel business, very hard times. Didnt sleep much last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

How so? Players are going to get sick, its inevitable and theres no way the season is going to happen if there are cases in the clubhouse. This is stronger than the flu and some countries are reporting some disastrous effects (Italy's death to confirmed cases ratio). There is still a lot of unknowns in my opinion. 

It just is... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Weird times.   

yeah. Let's keep digging until we get to the other side. I say lets unlock and bring back the machado thread.

I will need to start crocheting or something.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Man I am with you 100% on this, all of your joys are mine too. Luckily I still have running and cycling.

I am concerned with my job as i am in the travel business, very hard times. Didnt sleep much last night.

That has to suck sorry to hear that

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

yeah. Let's keep digging until we get to the other side. I say lets unlock and bring back the machado thread.

I will need to start crocheting or something.

I don't play video games anymore, but may have to get a PS4 for MLB the Show 20 coming out next week.  Then again, that shit will just give me baseball withdrawals.